Wondervilla is a private Old Age Home and Frail Care that does not receive any financial aid or subsidy whatsoever. We can house up to 40 residents up to the age of 95 years.
The Home needs to be renovated in the following ways:
- Both inside and outside needs to be refreshed and repainted. We have started with it, but a lot still needs to be done.
- We also want to upgrade and renovate our staff's living quarters, as they live far from the Old Age Home, and as a benefit they sleep on the premises. They are the people who work with our residents and they need to be looked after.
- We need to upgrade and invest in some medical equipment (beds, dividers in our Alzheimer's/Dementia rooms, wheel chairs, and build a new walk-in shower where we had to remove a bath when pipes in the wall burst.
- We have a beautiful garden and want to do some tar paving paths in our garden to enable our residents with walkers and wheel chairs to access our beautiful garden with ease, as well as put raised beds in place so residents in wheelchairs can touch the plants and maybe even plant seedlings.
- We need to replace carpets on ramps inside the home.
- The change would be quite uplifting for our residents and staff.
We also took a financial knock during Covid due to lack of income, and an inability to accommodate new residents.
We find it difficult to recover the loss we endured over the past few months. Any donations, however small, to help with completing everything we need to do will be greatly appreciated.