my name is Boris and I am medical student from Prague. I going to Whisper's Magical Children Hospital in Uganda to serve as medical volunteer this June. I would love to help the hospital also financially so I would like to kindly ask you for your help. At the end of my campaign I am going to transfer all the raised money to the transparent bank account where you see that all the money will be sent right to the hospital (link is at the end of that text).
Whisper's Magical Children Hospital is hospital for children patients located in town of Jinja, Uganda. The first children's hospital of its kind in Uganda, providing first class medical care, emergency ward, minor theatre, general ward, outpatinets, nutritional ward, physiotherapy.
In this wonderful hospital, they do incredible work - for a minimum fee (about € 10) they provide comprehensive medical care to every patient - they hospitalize him for as long as necessary, give him all medication, pay all the necessary examinations, provide food to both pediatric patients and their parents. Parents are taught how to prevent illnesses next time in hospital.
In addition to medical care, Whisper provides a range of services - including an outreach team - a team of doctors and social workers who go daily to remote areas - to villages where people do not have access to medical care so their help there is so necessary. There they will help everyone in need, or if necessary, take them to the whisper hospital.
In addition to medical assistance, it also carries out preventive programs against malaria, fleas and other problematic diseases - it teaches the inhabitants of the villages hygiene, distributes mosquito nets and tries to prevent children from getting infected at all.
What is Whisper special? It heals with smile and colors!
The aim is that children at least for a while, as in a fairy tale and forget about the hardships of everyday life, so every hospital employee wears colorful hats, animal ears or flower headbands - so children are not so scared of doctors. The whole hospital is beautifully colored and decorated with a variety of fairy tale motifs, and in the yard there are climbing frames and slides where children who feel better can play. There is an amazing atmosphere, everyone smiles and everything shines with colors.
What is the money for?
The total monthly expenses for us are 28,000 EUR.
We spend an average of 5,100 EUR per month on drugs, 2,000 EUR per month on laboratory tests, and 14,500 EUR on employee salaries. We have other big expenses for renting the building, electricity and water, which will climb up to 2,000 EUR per month. Other expenses include medical supplies, sanitary supplies, food for patients and employees, office supplies, gasoline to the generator and medical equipment.
It seems like a huge figure, but when we recalculate it to a patient, we get to the amount of 24 EUR that we need to save one child's life.
What can my donation change?
- 2.36 EUR will pay a malarial net for a cot in the hospital,
- 23.6 EUR will cover expenses per patient,
- 236 EUR cost milk, which we feed malnourished children for a month.
Why to support Whisper's Magical Children Hospital?
- Even a small amount makes a big difference. In Uganda, prices are incomparably lower compared to Europe, so we can feed the whole family for a few crowns and we can do wonders even with small amounts.
- Care that makes sense. Whisper takes care of the patients even after they leave the hospital because we don't want the children to get infected again. We invite patients to a visit or send our outreach team to them.
- Support not only patients but also employees. Thanks to your donations, we can employ 82 employees in our hospital in Uganda and thus secure their families.
- We do really care about people. Whisper does everything humanly and personally, we care about each of our employees and the patient. We solve every situation individually and always try to find the best solution for all.
- We always do more. We want our patients to feel at home, so we invite them in our celebrations and want them to always be part of the hospital.
Whisper has been helping Uganda for 8 years now. Let help with us!
For more visit:
At the end of my campaign I am going to transfer all the raised money to the transparent bank account where you see that all the money will be sent right to the hospital. Here is the link to that account: