My name is Vojtech Dlouhy and I’m originally from a small country in the heart of Europe. I have recently experienced an eye-opening adventure where I truly realised that I have to change my lifestyle that I lived so far. Therefore I hit the road to Meghalaya, North East India in April 2014 to volunteer and help the poor who cannot live with dignity that they deserve.
About the project
As a "representative" of my country, I feel the need to start something on my own with the aim to meaningfully contribute towards the reducing of unfortunate consequences of global development in the remote and rural part of North East India and several other countries of SAARC.
I made a pledge during the Sohra Marathon Run that I will do the best I can to create a bridge between my home University of Pardubice in the Czech Republic and educational and vocational institutions in North East India, Nepal, Myanmar and Sri Lanka later on. My intention is to bring more enthusiastic students who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of European cities and make a real impact on people who have to struggle every single day.
Cross-Border Exchange Programme will help students and fresh graduates to explore new places, collect lifetime memories, get international study and work experience, and leave a footprint in people’s lives with specific woes on the opposite side of the world.
# Czech Republic # North East India # Nepal # Myanmar # Sri Lanka
# Be smart # don‘t waste your time # have an advantage over others # become a future leader # make a difference # enjoy your life journey # support the Cross-border Exchange Programme!
Within the 9 months time I will be negotiating with top local colleges and universities in Meghalaya, as well as with several foundations, NGO's, private companies and selected governmental departments in whole North East, Nepal, Myanmar and Sri Lanka as to create a holistic system where the theoretical knowledge and practical experience from the field go hand in hand.
Fundraising events so far
1. Volunteering in Meghalaya, North East India (16th April - 22nd September 2014)
2. Running The Sohra Marathon Run (17th July 2014)
3. Trekking up to Mt. Everest Base Camp & Kala Patthar and volunteering for NGO Worldview Nepal in Kathmandu (23rd September - 24th October 2014)
4. Getting a support from Mr. Miloslav Stašek, Ambassador and Mr. Ji?í Janí?ek, First Secretary & Commercial Counsellor after having an appointment in the Embassy of the Czech Republic in New Delhi (27th October 2014)
5. Negotiation with several organisations as UNEP and UNICEF in Bangkok, Thailand
(31st October - 4th November 2014)
6. Volunteering in Yangon and South Delta Region of Myanmar (4th November - 1st December 2014)
7. Volunteering in Sri Lanka and establishment of contacts with 6 other NGOs working in the field of environmental protection, poverty reduction, organic farming, turtle conservation, etc.
(1st - 23rd December 2014)
What am I crowd funding for?
Using crowd funding will help to raise the funds needed to represent the Czech Republic abroad, contribute something towards my travel expenses, food and accommodation and create an online volunteering platform.
Why am I crowd funding?
Using this crowd funding platform will help me to engage all my friends, colleagues and other people from every corner of the planet who are interested in this mission. This platform will give them a chance to make my pledge come true and encourage young generations that are willing to start thinking bigger and make a real difference.
Sometimes you don’t have anything else except your dream. This is one of my dreams and I need your help to make it come true. Every penny counts!
Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
Cell: +420 732 680 138 (CZ) / +94 (77) 009 6248 (SL)
Email: [email protected]
For the payments within the Czech Republic you can kindly use my local account:
670100 - 2208141215 / 6210 (mBank)