The story short, there is a man Ive who had a vision to create a farm for his family with goats and olives with a goal to produce homemade goat cheese and olive oil but unexpected tragedy happened when his wife died suddenly. It was 5 years ago and he is now 78 and a bit ill so he decided to let the unfinished farm go to Tomislav & Martina, who has a similar vision, knowledge and experience to start the new project on the same place.
By donating you are helping Ive to get well and Tomislav & Martina to realise their vision on self sustainable project below but also you are getting your dream vacation in beautiful Croatia.
Tomislav & Martina: "Unfinished farm that has been abandoned for 5 years now got attention to us as we were looking for similar land to create an Off Grid Eco Camp for few years now. We heard about it and came to feel the place. The farm has so much potential for production as well as for stress free programs, healing, relaxing, peace and education and help to people that need alternative medicine solutions and prevention of modern sickness and diseases through healthy foods produced right there and protocols gathered from experts like dr. Gerson, dr. Norman Walker, dr Linus Pauling, and others promoting natural remedies rather than chemical treatments. For soil fertility and high production we will use natural farming and permaculture teachings.
It comprises of almost 12700 m2, of which cca 590 m2 are unfinished buildings planned for
- 145 m2 holiday house
- 345 m2 are production, maintenance and animal buildings
- 12200 is agriculture land with 350 olive trees planted 5 years ago
There is a 240 m2 pool that was planned for irrigation purpose
There is a water well with fresh drinkable water capacity 6000 m3/day ( FREE WATER), also there is a windmill of 6 kW and solar panels of 1 kW which need reparation as well.
- On the land it is legal to realise the camp as well, all current buildings are legal.
To transform it and create an OFF GRID ECO CAMP, vegan & vegetarian friendly, make it a unique holistic place of health and relaxation while educating our guests on Mediterranean "Simple Life style" implementing healthy nutrition, natural farming and permaculture teachings in growing beyond organic grade quality PLANT BASED FOODS.
It is set in the heart of Croatian coastal region Dalmatia, near Biograd na Moru, between cities Zadar and Šibenik, climate zone is 9b, Mediterranean, surrounded by:
- Natural pristine lake on one side and cleanest sea on the other side.
- Fun Park Dalmaland ( ex. Mirnovec) with waterpark on the way in 2021. 1 km
- 1 hour drive from Plitvice Lakes,
- half hour from National Park Krka
- 1 hour from National Park Kornati ( by boat)
- 15 minutes walk to spectacular beaches, sandy, rocky, mixed
- 15 minutes to all amenities ( shopping, city center, villages, fun park, water sports, post office, banks etc.)
- International Airport 25 minutes drive
- Highway 20 minutes drive
- yet it is hidden from crowd during high tourist season.
Link to nice promo video of the area:
The plan and fund usage:
is to finish the farm to be comprised of :
- 30-50kW of solar panels for electricity, water is already on the property as stated above.
- finish the holiday house to 3 or 4 star category and dig a natural pool in front of it
- The animal shelters will be transformed in the 7 connected camper houses category 3 .
- Existing irrigation pool will serve as natural swimming pool without chlorine or other chemistry.
- On the 5000 m2 of land we will make kids playground, outdoor gym, and camp approx 50 parcels for you, our valuable contributors, our guests and friends to camp and enjoy 7 months of the year from April to end of October.
- In the second year we will build additional 20 mobile homes and rent an agro land nearby from local community to expand plant food production.
- We plan to employ 5-7 people aside ourselves, use Woofers, Workawayers and connect to local "Green" and permaculture community to assist us as well. All training will be provided.
At the moment only olive trees are planted on the farm which is not good for the land fertility and we can get yield from one crop which is not sustainable.
7000 m2 "Food Forest"
It already has irrigation system but we will need to replace destroyed pipes and add some new and get it running smoothly.
We will purchase a smaller multipurpose loader with wood chipper extension as well so we have constant supply of our own wood chips and compost. 0 waste is the goal. A poni, chickens and goats will be on the farm part as manure makers, scratchers and assistants in soil fertility.
The farm will be separated from camping area.
We will plant other 6 layers ( root crops, ground covers, bushes, smaller fruit trees, citrus, date palms, vines ( for juices, not alcohol), even try the exotic plants, bananas, passion fruit, etc. to make it a Mediterranean/Subtropic "Food Forest".
Education & Events Organisation
Aside from tourist tours to close by parks and water sports, we will organize education and workshops on natural farming, permaculture, healthy diet, nutrition, gardening, fruits and veggies planting and picking campaigns, personal development, music festivals, fitness and training, yoga, wedding ceremonies etc. which will fill up the 7 months season at least.
- will be made according to the Croatian laws.
Tomislav, 40. is an entrepreneur with extensive experience and knowledge in hospitality, tourism, sales and marketing. At the age of 26 he was already a small hotel owner. He expanded his knowledge on food and nutrition as well as to Off grid living, natural farming and permaculture as he recognized it as solution to many problems of the world, economics, climate change and health problems of the community.
Martina is a Master Nutritionist and food technology engineer graduated on PBF, Zagreb, with extensive knowledge of healthy foods, supplements and horticulture. She is a pioneer in Croatian nutrition counselling helping people from 2007 in how to live a healthy and balanced life, in weight loss and other peoples health and wellness challenges. She will be leading the alternative medicine education center in the camp to help people with info and protocols on natural remedies.
Camp Parcels are sized from 70 m2 - 100 m2 each with vegetable garden and fruit trees all around and in between.
Imagine opening your eyes each mornings to pick beyond organic salat, kale, tomato or watermellon and fruits while on vacation.
All Rewards are almost "All inclusive " based:
- Free Electricity
- Free Water
- Free WiFi
- Free pool usage
- Free camp kitchen usage
- Free fruits & veggies surrounding your pitch
Rewards are divided over 5 year period and each donator can transfer it to someone else if not able to receive the rewards for some reason.
Pitches are going to be reserved by dates on "First donate, first serve" bases. Donator can pick a date of arrival once checked the availability of the pitch.
Amount up to 50,000€ will serve to assist Ive first with his health bills, reserve and start the project documentation, permits, other birocracy, team recruitment, additional project marketing.
Amount above 125,000 € is basically securing project realisation as we can then be eligible for the bank loan for the rest of the funds if campaign not completed and Tomislav is giving his property valued at 160,000 € as insurance for financing as well for crowdfunding.
However amount over 500,000 € will exclude bank from the equation and we can work without pressure, that is why we are using this fantastic platform.
Projected opening season May/June 2020.
We saw cancer patients campaigns raise few millions in few days, let`s work together on prevention for much less amounts.
Once again we invite you to assist us and by donating you are helping Ive to get well and Tomislav & Martina to realise their vision on self sustainable project above but also you are helping prevention and getting your dream healing vacation in beautiful Croatia.
Have the best vacation ever in Croatian Off Grid Eco Camp while helping us fulfill our dream project!
Experience "The Simple Life", the life it should be.
Thank you and Welcome!