HK$44,407Donated So Far
In lieu of flowers, this fundraiser is for friends and family to celebrate and remember Tracy (Wong Oi Ting) in ways fitting to her joyful and light emitting personality -- to someone who spread gentle yet big love to so many people. Tracy was first and foremost a Snoopy fan, a lover of dogs and a former administration officer at Wong & Tai, Basis Point and Reuters as well as my former business partner and director of Meli-Melo Limited/artjamming. Tracy was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer on 6 October 2020.
END OF THE WAR
After exactly 100 weeks (of fun-filled living and intensive cancer fighting), my friend's bravery and her pursuit of perpetual happiness ended as of 21:08 HK time on 6 September 2022. Complications from the progressing cancer made Tracy's fight increasingly difficult in the final few weeks.
The previous campaign, Tracy's War on Stage IV Lung Cancer, literally bought Tracy a near normal life despite a grim outlook by doctors. She even participated in athletic activities and it seemed miraculous that Tracy was winning the war. Unfortunately in July 2022, a brain MRI confirmed what doctors had suspected and multiple metastases (tumours) were found on her cerebellum. She was hospitalized as they drained her right lung, treated her with radiation and chemo but the complications were too severe and too many for Tracy's frail heart.
WAR MEMORIAL FOR TRACY
In remembrance of Tracy, the funds will be directed to the following:
- Ordering 1 bouquet and 2 small communal floral arrangements for the memorial service on 23rd September 2022 at QEH Hall of Eternal Peace, Diamond Hill Crematorium and artjamming studio (lunch). FINAL COST : $2100
- Hiring a photographer and videographer to provide live Zoom feed of the memorial service to Tracy's family who are not in Hong Kong or otherwise cannot attend the service as well as snapshots for the family's memories. A recorded video of the service and photos will also be shared for friends after the memorial. FINAL COST : $7000
- Two large custom 1-1.2 metre Snoopy fibreglass statues to be created. By December we hope to have one at artjamming and the second one at Pat Heung in a private outdoor playground which Tracy spent many of her happiest days playing with doggies and laughing with friends. Tracy was the biggest Snoopy fan. When friends see Snoopy, they immediately think of her. We couldn't think of a happier way to remember her ...always.
- All remaining monies from this campaign will be allocated to Hong Kong dog charities and to spread Tracy's life-long canine love to as many doggies as possible.
23 SEPTEMBER 2022 MEMORIAL FOR TRACY
- 10:45 -11:45am Part 1 Farewell -- Paying last respects at QEH Hall of Eternal Peace ; L/G Block B (open casket) capacity 20ish at a time
- 11:45 -12:00nn Coach from QEH to Diamond Hill Crematorium
- 12:00nn -13:00pm Part 2 Tribute -- Ascension and Speeches (closed casket) followed by Cremation
- 13:00 -13:20pm Coach to artjamming studio
- 13:20 -15:00pm Part 3 Remembrance -- Vegetarian lunch
Please RSVP by 21 September 2022 for Part 1 Farewell, Part 2 Tribute and Part 3 Remembrance Lunch via Whatsapp to Betty on 9254-9453 or by email to [email protected]
- Betty Cheung
No updates for this campaign just yet