- To raise £5,000-10,000
- In 15 days (from 23 Sep - 8 Oct 2017).
- The Original watercolour painting of “Tuk Tuk Tripping” donated by TJILI will be auctioned at the 2017 PMTT homecoming dinner with all proceeds being donated to the Foundation of Goodness, Sri Lanka.
- 50% of proceeds (net of printing, shipping, platform / finance costs) from TJILI's Special Edition and Bamboo Prints sold / auctioned, and crowdfunding contributions through this page, will be further donated by TJILI to the Foundation of Goodness, Sri Lanka.
- The remaining 50% helps cover the cost of TJILI’s Sri Lanka trip, and support her artistic future and ongoing personal development / therapies.
1. Pimp My Tuk Tuk ('PMTT') and the Foundation of Goodness ('FOG'), Sri Lanka
PMTT is an eclectic group of professional individuals living around the world (particularly in Asia) who are dedicated to giving back to those less fortunate.
Since 2015 our PMTT heroes have selflessly given their time, effort and money to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to fund the Foundation of Goodness in its charitable and developmental endeavours across rural Sri Lanka.
The core 2017 fundraiser (adventure!) is for 54 riders in 27 tuk tuks (motorised rickshaws) to drive for 8 days across 1,168km of beautiful but challenging Sri Lankan terrain to visit the water plants previously built, meet villages in need, deliver supplies, support special needs homes / schools, etc. #Legendary
Funds raised for FOG provide Sri Lanka’s poor rural communities with:
- Clean drinking water (purification plants).
- Electricity (solar power).
- Bicycles (helping villages without transport, kids get to school).
- Care for the disabled (including special needs school), etc.
2. TJILI, the amazing #DifferentlyAbled artist
TJILI was orphaned in Cambodia at birth. She has cerebral palsy, is deaf and cannot speak.
TJILI is now 16 and, after years of therapies and hard work, able to overcome her challenges to create amazing, colourful works of art that are winning international recognition, including from the Royal Watercolour Society, UK.
Her paintings have inspired millions of people around the world to #BeLikeTJILI and #GiveItAGo.
TJILI is #DifferentlyAbled, not disabled. For more information see ABOUT TJILI below or visit www.TJILI.com.
TJILI & PMTT 2017
- TJILI was invited to design a tuk tuk to support awareness and fundraising for the 2017 PMTT tour.
- Coming from an Asian country, being orphaned, and having special needs TJILI has an affinity with the worthy causes that FOG and PMTT are seeking to help. It was easy to accept.
- Thus was created “The TJILI”, the most beautiful tuk tuk in history, adorned with TJILI’s “colourful creatures” paintings and trademark hearts. Songs shall long be sung about this chariot of love, its journey turning the heads of people and elephants alike, heart-flag fluttering behind.
- While TJILI would have loved to ridden this mighty carriage the whole circuit, she couldn't physically handle the gruelling 1,168km journey.
- Instead she has flown to Colombo to join the tuk tuk cavalcade upon its return to Colombo and meet the 2017 PMTT heroes, whose week-long journey we've been following so avidly online.
- TJILI and Vik (mummy) will enjoy seeing, touching and riding in her vehicular-creation, “The TJILI” tuk tuk with its TJILI-flag waving proudly behind, and attend the official FOG / PMTT activities including media conference and tour-end celebrations.
- Afterwards TJILI and Vik will explore Colombo for a couple of days to embrace its colourful sights, which should inspire new paintings for TJILI to share with the world.
- What an amazing life experience for TJILI … in the words of TJILI, #AmazingWowYayLove !
TJILI'S ART - HELPING THOSE IN NEED
- TJILI has kindly contributed her artwork and time to support this very worthy venture.
- From designing “The TJILI” tuk tuk and leveraging TJILI’s large social media following to promote awareness for PMTT and FOG, to donating TJILI’s “Tuk Tuk Tripping” original painting for auction, and this final Crowdfunding push to raise additional funds from contributions based on tiered-rewards (“Tuk Tuk Tripping” Special Editions, Bamboo Prints and personally-signed Thank You cards – see below).
- As symbolised by the heart element of TJILI’s signature, logo, and flag … TJILI’s amazing artistic talent is helping spread love, compassion and giving to those less fortunate in our wonderful world.
- In the words of PMTT … “touching lives; making a real difference”.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Any amounts are gratefully received; even the smallest contribution makes a big difference in the rural villages of Sri Lanka and helping with TJILI's artistic future and therapies.
- "LOVE" – Thank You cards
- Contributions of £10 and above will receive a “Tuk Tuk Tripping” thank-you card personally signed by TJILI
- "YAY" – Bamboo Prints
- An open edition of prints based on the original “Tuk Tuk Tripping” watercolour painting by TJILI.
- These quality prints use Hahnemühle Bamboo, a natural, warm-toned fine-art paper made from bamboo fibres.
- Contribute £60 to receive an A4 (30 x 21 cm) Bamboo Print.
- Contribute £85 to receive an A3 (42 x 30 cm) Bamboo Print.
- Contribute £110 to receive an A2 (59 x 42 cm) Bamboo Print.
- "WOW" – Special Editions
- A limited edition run of 125 giclée fine-art prints based on the original “Tuk Tuk Tripping” watercolour painting by TJILI.
- These fine-art prints are exhibition-quality, produced in accordance with Fine Art Trade Guild standards by our award-winning partners using state-of-the-art professional giclée inkjet machines and hand-picked Hahnemühle museum-grade archival paper.
- Each is hand-numbered and personally signed by TJILI, and comes with its own Certificate of Authenticity.
- Contribute £175 to receive this reward (usual Special Edition price £225 plus £35 worldwide shipping).
- "AMAZING" – Extra Special Editions
- 2 Extra Special Editions have been signed by the 2017 PMTT adventurers.
- These unique tour mementos will be auctioned by PMTT in Colombo and / or at the 2017 PMTT homecoming dinner.
- For more info contact Giri ([email protected])
- "AmazingWowYayLove" – The Original
- The original watercolour painting of “Tuk Tuk Tripping” donated by TJILI will be auctioned at the 2017 PMTT homecoming dinner auction with all proceeds being donated to FOG.
- For more info contact Giri ([email protected]).
- TJILI is #DifferentlyAbled, not disabled. She overcomes her challenges (cerebral palsy, being deaf and unable to speak) to create amazing, colourful works of art.
- TJILI’s paintings have inspired millions of people around the world to #BeLikeTJILI and #GiveItAGo.
- BBC's News video already has over 20 million views with hundreds of thousands of positive reactions, shares, and lovely comments / messages, etc). Words such as #Inspiration, Art, #DifferentlyAbled, and #Love are flooding the internet.
- Click here to see more TJILI’s videos including the new film on The One Show that has attracted 2.5m views in its first week.
- TJILI is very caring and compassionate about our beautiful planet and the creatures and people that inhabit it. This can be seen throughout her painting collections; Colourful Creatures, It’s A Wonderful World, and Real Characters.
- As a family we believe in helping others, that life is short and to be enjoyed, and that what goes around comes around.
- So we like to give and help others where we can. Sri Lanka 2017 with PMTT and FOG is just the start.
- Already we’re in discussions on how TJILI’s art can help those devastated by the recent terrible hurricanes in the Caribbean and US, and earthquakes in Mexico.
- Over the coming months and years we hope that TJILI’s artistic talents can continue to help others, both remotely (the power of digital !!) and on the ground (so that TJILI can travel to experience and learn more about the planet, celebrate its natural beauty, and be inspired for her future artworks). This is a lifelong plan.
- Please visit www.TJILI.com to sign up for her newsletter, see and buy TJILI’s wonderful artworks (gifts coming soon by popular demand), and learn more about her amazing life story.
- You can also follow TJILI’s adventures on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Enjoy; Comment; Like; Share!!!
Thank you !