Hello and thanks for considering my project!
I've a burning desire to provide vegan food options to the people of York and beyond.
Your help will provide the ignition to get this project from my imagination onto the streets!
Why do I want to create this project?
The main reason that I want to spend my time creating vegan friendly food is because I believe that it is one of the most attractive and effective ways to promote veganism to non-vegans.
- It can be hard to find food when out and about - although options are becoming easier to find on the high street, it can still be limiting in choice.
- I want to help prove that vegan food doesn’t need to be just salads or ‘health’ type foods (although I love a good salad!) and give people the opportunity to see and try vegan food for themselves.
Why should you help?
- Food activism! If you think spreading the word about the benefits of a vegan lifestyle by serving up tasty food is a good thing, then this may be the right project to get behind.
- Vegan food is delicious and I want to share the experience with others. This project helps to grow the vegan message about compassion, the environment and personal health!
- It will benefit locals to York, but I also hope to trade at festivals around the UK.
- I will be running this stall alongside my role as a carer. Although it would be a dream come true if this venture could support me fully one day, my main reason for starting is to raise the awareness of veganism.
- Food will be served using Vegware containers/cutlery - Eco Friendly and recyclable packaging made from plants!
- Any of the waste produced will be composted where possible.
- A vegan diet has over half the carbon footprint of a traditional omnivore diet.
- Food will be tasty and suitable for vegans and non-vegans alike!
Alright, so what kinda of food will be on this stall?
There will be mostly vegan versions of traditional street style junk-foods
- 1/4lb mega burgers
- Chilli cheeze dawgs
- Cheezey chips
- Loaded nachos,
- Beer Mac ‘n Cheeze
………………………………………………………….and other feel-good munchies!
I also hope to also have a bake of the day - cake makes everything better!
What will my donation get you?
- Mobile catering vehicle, so I am free to travel around the area
- New equipment, so no food will be in contact with any leftover past animal products!
- Biodegradable food and drink containers, napkins, & forks from Vegware: Eco Friendly Packaging & Catering Disposables
- Signage, to advertise clearly to the public and catch peoples interest
- Help towards start up costs (insurance/registration)
Where can I find you?
I hope to establish a regular presence in York city centre, with the aim of traveling around the North Yorkshire area for special events and festivals
- I have already had approval from the market organisers, who are keen to see vegan street food available
- It has good links with veganism, as is the birthplace of Veganuary!
- It has a thriving vegan community, it hosted York's first ever vegan festival last October!
- It has lots of students, who are the next generation of vegans!
- It is popular with tourists, so I will be able to provide options for those who visit this beautiful city
- I also hope to trade at local festivals and perhaps those further afield if it proves successful!
What will you do with the extra money if you exceed your goal?
- If there is money left over after everything has been purchased, I will donate excess to a local vegan cause.
- I also aim to distribute food to York's homeless community in conjuction with York's Food Not Bombs group