The following people have endorsed this soon-to-be organization and agree it will successfully expand:
1. Olmsted Falls School District superintendent
2. 18th Ohio House District State Representative
3. A Board member (Finance) on the Olmsted Falls Chamber of Commerce
4. The President of the Olmsted Falls Chamber of Commerce
TeamUp: A soon-to-be nonprofit organization that teaches children core moral values, organizes high school student volunteerism, and supports small businesses.
How: TeamUp will function as 3 parts:
1. It will teach students the importance of generosity and respect by integrating into the curriculum at elementary/middle schools .
2. It will act as a volunteer organization so high school students can volunteer anywhere within their community (e.g., walking dogs, cutting grass, planting gardens, etc.).
3. It will support small businesses by attracting customers to local stores. A section of the TeamUp website will be a local item/service database (run by volunteer high school students) so you can find anything sold in the local small businesses that you otherwise would not visit! With TeamUp you will be able to support our economy by attempting to purchase your new umbrella from a small business before heading directly to an import giant!
When: Once we obtain the funds to build it's interactive website, TeamUp will be full go in schools, in the community, and on the internet!
Where: TeamUp will start making it's mark in Olmsted Falls, Ohio with the Olmsted Falls School District. Soon after that it will spread as far as we can push it!
Why do we need the funds? It's simple. TeamUp needs that interactive website to organize high school volunteerism and display the local item/service database for you. Great web programming and design are a bit costly and we want it to look perfect. Extra funds will also cover other start up costs.
If you agree that children and teens generally are becoming less respectful each year and that we can recover our economy by aiding our small and local businesses, please donate and share this cause with your family and friends!
Any size donation will help!
(and if you don't think small business aid is a large part of the economic recovery, read this: http://businessinthecity.blogspot.com/2012/04/does-small-business-help-grow-economy.html)
Thank you for your support!
Questions? Comments? Email me at [email protected]