Hi everyone! We are Terri, Khat, Christine and Jocelyn, a group of friends currently helping our very good friend, Erin (not her real name for security reasons), raise funds.
Erin's dad suffered a stroke and was in the intensive care unit of a local hospital here in the Philippines. He stopped being responsive, experienced edema on both upper and lower extremities, and finally died due to multiple complications on November 15, 2015.
After he died, Erin found herself in an accident last July 27, 2016 that left her leg in serious need of surgery. She has recovered, but it has left her Php100,000 in debt with continued maintenance consultations adding to that cost.
Now, her extended family, which could not help her defray her father's hospitalization and funeral expenses, is going through a bit of a legal situation that needed her to step in.
We really hope to help Erin get back on her feet and become financially stable, since she is also the breadwinner of her family and she is currently supporting a household of 9 people (including herself).
We have three ways to help out:
I. Khat is a graphic design wizard, so she is offering her art as fundraising for Erin. She currently has prints of these three artworks for PhP500 or US$15, which she can ship worldwide. It should take at least 15-20 days to arrive to you from Manila, Philippines via free postal mail shipping.
She is also accepting commissions for her low poly vector art:
- PhP350 or US$10 for a digital copy of the final artwork
- PhP500 or US$15 for the print with free postal mail shipping
It takes Khat at least a day or two to finish your requested art. Payments can be made through bank deposit:
Account Name: Ma Katrina P de Guzman
Account Number: BPI savings acct 1579108491
SWIFT Code: BOPIPHMMTRY
Half of the proceeds from her artwork and prints will be donated to Erin to help with her hospital expenses. (The other half will be used to help with Khat's tuition in school, because she is finishing her master's degree.)
II. I am a writer with journalistic, editing, marketing and communications experience in the real world. I am offering to write pretty much anything, outside of graded school work, in order to raise funds for Erin. My sample porftolio is on https://www.scribd.com/mjcbordador.
If you would like to commission me as a writer, here are my rates:
- Non-fiction work (inclusive of essay, feature article for print or online publication, press release, news report, script, photocaption, SEO optimization, yearbook write-ups and social media text posts only) and editing work for non-fiction
- PhP1,000 or US$30 for works of 500 to 1,000 words / 5-10 social media text posts
- PhP2,000 or US$60 for works of 1,001 to 2,000 words / 10 to 20 social media text posts
- For works that are either above 2,000 words or less than 500 words that are not for social media use, kindly just click on the button/link and then indicate in the notes section so we can negotiate. :)
- Fiction work (inclusive of short story, fan fiction, flash fiction and script only) and editing work for fiction
- PhP350 or US$10 for works of 100 to 1,000 words
- PhP500 or US$15 for works of 1,001 to 2,000 words
- PhP5 (US$0.01) per succeeding word
- For works that are either above 2,000 words or less than 100 words, kindly just click on the button/link and then indicate in the notes section so we can negotiate. :)
- I do have hard limits with regards to the kind of fiction I can do, which we can discuss privately. :)
I should be able to email you the final piece by 3 working days if it is not longer than 2,000 words. It would be very helpful if you put a lot of details in your "order list" and can share your research with me. Kindly note that while I am willing to do research particularly for non-fiction work, my day job makes it difficult to do fieldwork.
For interested parties, please send me an email me at [email protected] or on Tumblr: http://ligayaharukadiwata.tumblr.com. :) All the proceeds from my work will be donated to Erin to help with her hospital expenses.
III. If you really have just barely enough, we are definitely willing to receive the minimum you can spare, whether if it's a donation less than PhP350 (US$10) or just passing the link around :)
(Caveat: Due to PayPal's payment restrictions, we highly recommend making donations of PhP350 or USD$10.)
If you are not able to donate online, but still willing to contribute, you may transfer any amount to our Metrobank account. Details are as follows:
Account Name: Ma Jocelyn C Bordador
Account Number: Metrobank savings acct 154-3-154-17006-6
SWIFT Code: MBTCPHMM
Please email me at [email protected] once you have made the donation.
In behalf of Erin, Khat, Terri, Christine and myself, thank you so much - or as we say it in our language, maraming salamat po! :)