I am raising funds to help eliminate my massive student loan debt. I am in no way trying to escape my obligation to my own debts as well as my obligation to society by attempting to have others pay off my debt. My thought is this: I would like to raise funds to help eliminate my debt and in return I would like to help others with their fundraisers, whether it be debt or medical reasons, etc. But at this point in time I simply need to focus on my own debt before I can help others the way I want. Years of compounding interest and deferments have really put me in a bind as my total debt payments are well over $1,000 per month. If I pay minimum monthly payments until each loan is paid off, I may die with debt.
I am trying this fundraiser as sort of a social experiment. If I can get many people to give me a few dollars, then I should be able to pay off my debts in no time. In return I would like to become one of those many that contribute to other causes on this site and other sites as well. What comes around goes around, right? Another reason for me posting this is that I just read an article on USA Today that the world's richest 1% of people will have more wealth than the other 99% of the population by the year 2016. There is definitely something wrong with that! Global inequality is out of control and crowdfunding platforms like this could help spread some of the wealth. Who knows, maybe someone from that 1% will stumble upon this fundraiser and give me a helping hand! At this point I have nothing to lose, so let's see what happens! I am motivated by the man who raised over $55,000 on KickStarter for a potato salad. I hope someone's well being is more important tan a potato sald but nothing would surprise me these days.
I would like to engage my potential donors with updates from time to time and will post any payments I make to my accounts. Please, only encouraging and polite comments, nothing negative on here. I do realize that my debt is a result of my actions and I am taking responsibility for it. There are a number of ways to make extra money including working more or being innovative. I am choosing to do both, work harder and also think outside of the box (I consider crowdfunding outside of the box). I am also open to advice, tips and suggestions. And if you'd like to email, chat or talk sometime, just let me know and I'm sure we can arrange something.