Imagine a world in which technology, entertainment and passion can solve some of societies biggest social issues. That is what I have been doing for the last few years whilst developing the blue prints for the Stay Safe TV project.
We have a new generation of young people that allow technology and all of its advances to consume them in everything they do. Apparently the average person will spend over 20 hours a week immersed in their devices and most parents will tell you that their kids mobile phones are constantly attached to their finger-tips.
Technological advances has seen CGI and special affects reach a whole new level taking its audience on a journey never experienced before. Disney has utilized this too share some powerful messages through its library of films. Millions of people like nothing more than to sit in front of a screen and be transported out of their reality for a couple of hours.
It therefore seems appropriate to look at alternative ways to inspire, educate and motivate audiences. The days of going to a classroom are definitely becoming less attractive as you can bring the classroom to your device.
As a trainer for over 25 years, I am passionate about inspiring change in others, especially when that change improves the safety, health and opportunities of others. My work has enabled me to benefit thousands of people of all ages in some very challenging situations: bullying, domestic violence, mental health etc.
After running a local charity for several years supporting young people, I decided to explore the opportunity to launch a social impact platform with my peers and many specialist I have worked with from around the world. Pleased with their feedback and willingness to get involved, I decided to embark on the Stay Safe TV project.
So, what is it?
- Stay Safe TV is essentially an educational online platform that uses technology, CGI and some leading specialists to change and in some cases save people’s lives
- The platform has six core themes: bullying, women, first aid, fit & healthy, personal leadership and workplace assaults
- We have a core team of experts for each theme who produce high quality entertaining, educational media designed to educate users
- The platform will develop a community of professionals from around the world who can add to the core themes
- Stay Safe TV will have roaming reporters who identify, film and post positive human stories from around the world
- Users will either pay for individual solutions of commit to a subscription model to access all of the content
- Our “Pay it forward Promise” means that every user will sponsor a vulnerable person FREE access to the platforms content
- Stay Safe TV will have charitable partners who can identify those people in communities who can benefit from this life changing content
Off course this email will not bring the project concept to life, so our tech team have created an example platform to further detail how Stay Safe TV will change lives. www.staysafetv.com
They have password controlled the site and with your permission I would like to forward you access, so that you can see a little more of the vision.
As a project of this nature is purely driven by a social impact agender which I believe will benefit hundreds of thousands of people, I am looking to secure the equipment and software to launch the project.
I have most of the human team required to kick-start the project and am confident that the rest of the team will develop organically as the project gets on its feet.
Having the right equipment, software and gadgets is paramount at this stage of the project, as it will enable us to produce the content ready for launching the platform.