Back in September my dog fell ill. Her name is Izzie , she’s a golden retriever. She completely stopped walking but so very happy and it didn’t phase her one bit that she couldn’t walk. She is only 10, young and still full of life. When taking her to the vet they told us she would need to go to the Emergency vet and see Neurology. Well we did and after spending several thousands of dollars along with a ton of tests we found out she has two cancerous tumors; one on her lung and the other one is on her spine pinching it which is why she couldn’t walk. She had two options; one, be put down or two, be put on chemo pills along with other pills and follow up vet visits with Oncology for the rest of her life. After being on Chemo for four days she started walking again! However with the visits with Oncology, and all the medications, It has been difficult and will continue to be difficult. I am only a Teacher and I just got married as well and we spent most of our money we had for the wedding. My husband is helping but we still owe and are still going to be paying for her bills for several years. Her life expectancy is 2+ years now!
Why I need your assistance…when I was in college to become a Teacher, I had financial aid but at one point I was not able to get fully funded through Financial Aid so I had to take out a private loan. I was not fully aware of how private loans work but thought it was the same as Financial Aid, it was not. Right before Izzie became ill I found out my monthly payment would be several hundreds of dollars for 10 years for $33,000.00!
As you know… teachers have small salaries and with a dog ill that does not help. So I am paying financial aid, Private loan, regular expenses, and Izzie’s vet/medications. Its very overwhelming and a struggle!
I created my fund so that I can be able to properly care for my sick dog.
What I am asking of you...
If you can help donate and I receive FULL funding by March 9, 2014, I will donate my long hair to Locks of Love. This is a total of about 14 inches!!! PLUS I will take pictures and video tape it and post on YouTube!
- You will be helping out millions of young children who suffer from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. This hair loss is permanent in most cases and there is no known cause or cure.
- It benefits the children because they do not just lose their hair but loss of self. Many children get teased by their classmates and or get embarrassed because of their hair loss.
- With my donation to Locks of Love, a custom hair piece will be made specifically to fit a child's head.
- You will be helping a struggling teacher out so she can pay for her school loan
- You will be helping Izzie out so that she can live for several more years.