South Coast Life Skills Center is based in the South Coast of KZN. We change people's lives within our community through education, development and empowerment.
The South Coast is a struggling community that cannot afford proper education and support with a high degree of substance abuse, teenage pregnancy, school drop outs and street workers. It is our aim to add value to the community's lives (in particular the youth), by offering them the alternative to self destruction, crime and poverty, by enhancing their quality of life.
We create opportunities for youth to become sustainable, remain sustainable, accountable and responsible through various methods that include:
- Individual and Group Counselling (to those that need healing, acceptance and change)
- Life Coaching and Guidance
- Career Guidance and Support
- Youth Development and Support (Keys to Life Candidate Program)
- Teacher Development an Support (Early Childhood Development Program)
- Women Empowerment, Leadership and Development
- Entrepreneurship Development and Support (Keys to Life Entrepreneurship Program)
- Educational Development and Support (we offer bridging courses to encourage further education)
- National Certificate: Grade 10 (as alternative method of obtaining a qualification)
- Further Education Certificate: Grade 11-12 (as alternative method of obtaining a qualification)
- Tutoring, Study and Resource Support
- Job Placement and Networking Support (through various partnerships with organisations)
- Arts and Culture Development (LAMDA approved center - for international recognition)
- First Aid courses for children
- Maritime Awareness Programs
- Youth Boot Camps - Arts, Music, Life Skills, Leadership, Teamwork, Survival, Entrepreneurship etc.
The funding we need is to:
a) further develop the teachers that work so hard and selflessly towards our cause to help others in need.
b) equip our center with the necessary resources our students need to support their development process.
c) enable us to provide these services and support to our community, no matter what background, race or disadvantages or difficulties they face.
d) create an awareness to our community on how we can add value to their lives.
You can find out more by visiting our webpage at http://mela918.wixsite.com/sclsc