"As an entirely self-funding small local charity, we welcome any offers of financial or practical help from businesses and members of the public in order to further our objectives. Please donate whatever you can afford to help with fuel costs, vaccination materials etc.. Thankyou!"
We are dismayed and disappointed by the continuing delays in implementing the obvious solution to bovine TB, which is to vaccinate the cattle themselves. We know that there is a scientifically proven cattle vaccine available, but that its deployment is being obstructed by political shenanigans. That’s why we brought in our own badger vaccination programme and we shall be continuing with it in 2017. We believe our scheme makes a positive contribution in the fight to control bovine TB and to help the farming community. We are always keen to hear from anyone who would like to get involved with our work in any way, including donations from well-wishers. We can be contacted via our helpline on 01743 271999, our website www.shropshirebadgergroup.co.uk, our Facebook page, or even our Twitter account @shropsbadgers.
About Shropshire Badger Group
- Educating the public about badgers through illustrated talks, walks and literature.
- Organising detailed surveys with recommendations for measures to protect badgers from areas of proposed development and monitoring the success of those measures undertaken and their effect on the local population.
- Giving advice on badger related problems with practical assistance if required.
- Providing rehabilitation facilities primarily for abandoned or lost cubs and road traffic accident victims.
- Trying to protect badgers by encouraging all members to keep a watch on their local setts and to report anything suspicious.
- Producing a quarterly newsletter to keep members informed of news, progress and events.
- Raising funds to pay for vital equipment such as educational and interpretation material.