£25.00raised of £3,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Hello everybody, my name is Mattia. I'm 27 and I'm an intensive care nurse working in UK. I have always been an environmentalist and always believed that big changes are not made by a single individual but by every single one of us. This is the reason why I decided to embark myself in this project. To give my little contribute to protect the planet.
See below for more details.
Coral reefs are an attraction in tropical countries all over the world, but are sadly being damaged by a range of human factors and the effects of climate change. On top of that, marine debris represents a significant threat to the ecosystem and is having a devastating impact on marine life in Jamaica. Volunteers are able to help to reduce these effects by using scuba diving skills to help with important conservation efforts.
As a Marine Conservation volunteer in Jamaica you’ll focus on the restoration of the coral reef in Ocho Rios. You’ll support marine life and local community through a range of initiatives, including:
- Dive tasks: Coral cleaning and monitoring, removing invasive species, transplanting, coral surveying and data collection.
- Site maintenance: Beach cleans to remove damaging litter and other waste, and helping with ground beautification of the local area.
- Administrative tasks: Update records, help with preparing written reports, planning, monitoring and data evaluation, website and social media.
- Community outreach: Help to improve environmental awareness in schools and community groups in order to proactively assist conservation efforts.
If you believe in this cause please donate to help me realise this project.
Here is where your money will go:
- Program fee: 1000£
- Registration fee: 250£
- Flight from UK to Jamaica: 650£
- Daily expenses in Jamaica including every day transport to work and meals: 1100£
No updates for this campaign just yet
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Marine Conservation in Jamaica'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Marine Conservation in Jamaica'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign