Meet AM (Anne-Marie) on the right. She adopted me from my estranged biological mom when I was two weeks old. I’m the guy on the left, Renier. Everyone knows AM - “Where’s AM? When’s she coming for coffee?” People would ask. Even my exes asked me these questions. That is how much she means to not just me, but to the world. AM and I have been to hell and back together. This woman has saved my life - literally & figuratively - more times than I can count. Yes, we all have our moms and we’d do anything for them. But AM is different.
WHAT MAKES MY MOM DIFFERENT - A LIST:
1. She has never judged me for ANYTHING I’ve done and I’ve done some pretty bad things before.
2. She has saved a total of 1000+ animals from abuse, abandonment etc. We have enough animals in our house to fill Noah’s Ark ten times over.
3. She feeds the local bird population daily. She stops everything and feeds them before doing anything else. They listen to her calls... Geese, pigeons, little cute birds... They’re all here because of her.
4. She gives without hesitation. She gives. She always gives.
5. She fights for me and alongside me against injustice as fiercely as she loves me and loves alongside me.
6. She was diagnosed with breast cancer. She will die if she doesn’t get treatment. A world without her is like a world without air. Or oceans. Or dreams. Or love. Or life. Or laughter. Or the Eiffel Tower. Or rain. Or snow. Or existence.
She needs you. We need you. We need you to take up arms with us and fight the winter that’s surely upon us.