I inherited this wonderful 1993 Honda Civic LX from my late mother. It is one of the few things I have left to remember her by after she lost her battle with brain caner. I love this car and have done all I can to keep it up.
It has become my primary form of transportation, used to drive into work and earn money which helps support my father and feline family members. Given the distance I must travel for work, my mother's Honda Civic sees a lot of use each day, roughly 180 miles round trip.
As such the car is rapidly approaching 300,000 miles and is in need of repairs that come from use and being close to 22 years old. I have done what I can afford, new brake system, new clutch, new steering column, new head gaskets, new axels, to name a few of the repairs, but now I am running out of money and my mother's car still needs repairs.
The Honda Civic needs repairs which include the following:
- Exhaust system to replace rusting pipe triggering 02 Check Engine light warning
- New A/C to replace current one which is failing and has an unreplaceable coolant
- Bumper repair after I was backed into in a parking lot
- New Catalytic convertor and heat-shield
- Work done in areas of the tires
- Possibly a new transmission
I ask for whatever help you can provide to help save my late mother's Honda Civic and the primary form of transportation I have to help support my father hand cats. Without these repairs I might soon be stuck without transportation.
Thank you all for your generosity.