£1,741.00raised of £50,000.00 goal goal
Ride East is a cross-country motorcycle ride to promote the implementation of the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals in north east India and other neighbouring countries in the region while commemorating the 76th Anniversary since the end of World War II in 1945. The focus of Ride East 2020 is on building bridges between northeast India and Bhutan.
The 10 Ride East bikers will follow a 1000 mile route riding on Royal Enfield Himalayan bikes for 10 days across the picturesque north eastern states of India that share international borders with China, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh. During each stop of the ride they will map and promote projects in different villages related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in northeast India all the way up to the tiger’s nest in Bhutan.
From 15 to 25 November 2021 Ride East bikers will identify and map social entrepreneurs and organic farmers along the route who have made a difference in their communities. This operation will be executed annually to support Worldview Impact Foundation create a bridge between social entrepreneurs and organic farmers in northeast India and Bhutan, but lack institutional support and market linkages to scale up their impact in their communities. These social entrepreneurs and organic farmers will be trained at Spring Valley Farm in collaboration with Green Route once the Eco Village Hub has been built. The Ride East bikers will offset all their carbon emissions by planting mangrove trees with EcoFriend World at Thor Heyerdahl Climate Park in Myanmar, making the whole operation carbon neutral.
Following the historic ride of WWII Dispatcher Bikers, Ride East will engage the new generation of socially conscious bikers, who will facilitate the long term support through strategic collaborations with like minded organisations and individuals in their networks. The intention is to build an active Community on Wheels (COW) that will make a difference in the region by providing support for scaling up the project over a period of 5 years.
The Mission of Ride East is to Promote the 17 Global Goals in Northeast India. We are raising money and awareness about the region for the follow reasons:-
- The training and incubation can empower startup social entrepreneurs in north east India and when done in a sustainable way this can have a long term impact in the whole region.
- The organic produce and traditional handcraft of these organic farmers in north east India should get an opportunity to been seen by the wider world.
- Charity isn’t about handouts, it’s about creating a long term self sustaining opportunity for these social entrepreneurs and organic farmers in north east India.
- Bringing the next generation of people into civilisation has to be done in an eco friendly way and the best way to combat our overpopulation crisis is by lifting people above the poverty line.
The funding raised collectively by the Ride East motorcycle riders will be used for the following:
- To build an Eco Village Hub in Spring Valley Farm to train organic farmers.
- To bring rural organic products from the region online on green trading platform.
- To connect the world's social entrepreneurs to the organic farmers in north east India.
- To show the world the talent and skill the organic farmers have through their produce, art and handicraft.
Join us on supporting this Epic Journey.
- The expedition will be live streamed across social media.
- Become part of a life changing experience.
- Bring the organic farmers online.
No updates for this campaign just yet