#Help in eradicating youth poverty.
Our 1st Launch is May 2020 in London, UK. This is a pilot program with the aim of replicating it's blueprint across the world in major cities which share the problem of youth poverty.
Our Mission Statement: To alleviate youth poverty in major cities in the world starting with London, UK
How big is this problem? To give you an idea of the extent of the problem, it is estimated that there are 700,000 young people living in relative poverty in London alone. Some of the effects poverty on young people include:
- Have poor physical health
- Experience mental health problems
- Have a low sense of well-being
- Have employment difficulties
- Experience social deprivation
- Feel unsafe
What will my donation achieve?
To make someone employable where he or she obtains stability all round will mean a positive impact on the economy of that city and country. This means improved health services, schools, roads, transport for all people who live in that city. Each transformed young person through our program will bring new life to London and its economy.
How can our foundation change the status quo? We realize that success and failure depends on a person's soft skills rather than academic qualifications/training alone, so our foundation will put greater emphasis on core character traits such as mental aptitude, attitude, awareness of how we come across, communication, reliability and teamwork. We focus on the person and bring out the best in him or her.
Our approach may be a first of its kind in combining a real soft skills enhancement program with the prospect of employment for young people in poverty. It also addresses a key hiring issue for the private sector that would value a recruitment tool based on human skills and not just hard skills.
So how does it work? we'll interview and take up to 21 applicants at a time, put them through our 7 week program designed by leading experts in the field, assess them and put them into employment or a route to employment with private sector partners like Battersea Power Station.
What will my money be used for?
1. The development of the Soft Skills Program will be given to an external consultancy which will take up a sizable amount of the raised funds. However, the program, once designed will be a blueprint for our launches in other cities making it a valuable asset.
2. We want the youth who are selected to come out at the completion of the course motivated and with a sense of achievement and providing a cash incentive to "stay the course" would also take up some of the funds. Having completed something "meaningful" it would give them a strong platform when we place them for employment with private sector partners.
3. The foundation also plans trips that add to the overall experience for the participants. Venues would be required to host the Program and carry it out.
4. Administrative costs.
Our Foundation requires 40,000 pounds to make the program a success. Your donation will bring hope, stability and employment opportunity to young people and give you a legacy that will be part of something enduring and far reaching. Indeed most people live their life without even asking what impact they will leave behind when they are gone, so I'm asking you, what is your legacy? We would like our program be part of yours?
Please visit us on https://www.themorningsun.org/