This is a fundraiser to help start up a craft-based business creating gamer/geek themed toiletries, the forerunner of which being pots of flavoured lip balm, centered around pokemon themed varieties.
My actual goal is well below the minimum that the fundraiser allows, so any extra will be put back into future toiletry lines, allowing for branching out into soaps, gels and bath bombs, and other assorted items.
The funds from this project will go towards the following.
- Assorted base ingredients, hopefully allowing for higher quality, ethically sourced ingredients. (Such as beeswax supporting local keepers)
- Buying pots in bulk, allowing the purchase of 10x the amount for the equivalent price paid in shops.
- Flavouring oils not available in stores. (Some of the more non-standard flavours are only available from specialist or online retailers).
- Printer ink and adhesive paper, for the printing of pot labels.
- Startup and advertising costs. Etsy charges money to list and generate interest for each item, and it's a cost I am, as of yet, unable to pay on top of production.
Flavours currently include
- Chocolate cherry
- Fruit punch
- Lemon and lime