My only child, Serayah is 8 years old. She was born with a Congenital Heart Disease called Aortic Valve Stenosis.
This occurs when the heart's aortic valve narrows. This narrowing prevents the valve from opening fully, which reduces and sometimes blocks blood flow from the heart into the main artery to your body (aorta) and onward to the rest of the body. When the blood flow through the aortic valve is reduced or blocked, her heart needs to work harder to pump blood to her body. Eventually, this extra work limits the amount of blood it can pump, and this will cause symptoms as well as weaken your heart muscle.
Doctors say she needs an urgent Transcatheter Aorta Valve Replacement because of the severity of her condition at the moment as she has recently been experiencing frequent symptoms in the last few weeks.
The least they can do is to attempt another repair of the valve, but a total replacement would be ideal. Since she was a baby, we have been trying less invasive approaches, but after she had her last attack symptoms, a professional consultation by a multidisciplinary team of expert cardiologists who are experienced in evaluating and treating heart valve disease was done and I was advised that my daughter will need Surgery as soon as possible to repair or replace the diseased aortic valve which is usually performed through a cut (incision) in the chest in something like an Open Heart Surgery.
So here I am asking for a little help and prayer from all well-wishers. Your support means the world to me. If left untreated, aortic valve stenosis will lead to other serious heart problems.
I feel so much pity for her because sometimes, she has shortness of breath, heart palpitations and complains of severe chest pains and dizziness. I get worried when it affects her appetite and she can't eat much. Moreover, I am also worried that the heart-weakening effects of this aortic valve stenosis may lead to heart failure if she does not have the surgery on time. The last couple weeks have been extremely difficult for us as we have had to make many decisions regarding her new treatment plan.
Serayah has to undergo surgery and treatment as soon as we can raise the money, so because of the urgency, so I decided to start a campaign to raise funds for her surgery and treatment. This fundraiser is budgeted to cater for all the remaining Out-of-Pocket and extra-medical costs not covered by my health insurance as the Trump Administration dismantled her ObamaCare.
The total cost of the surgery is about $188,000, but 60% of that has been covered by my USAA Insurance as a US Marine. I have to raise the remaining 40% of the money before the main surgery can proceed and time is not on her side.
Even though the past few weeks has been a bit challenging for us, I still trust in God to make a way for my daughter. I know it’s just a phase that we have to pass through and I believe this would be her last ordeal as I am putting everything in place to ensure that she lives the rest of her natural life in good health after surgery.
This was the hardest decision we have had to make since she was born. Although, the journey of the last few months have been very hard, I feel confident that doing this aortic valve replacement will help my daughter overcome this heart condition permanently.
Asking for help is extremely difficult as it does not come to me naturally, but I love my baby girl so much, so I am therefore taking this opportunity to seek your support towards this cause, as I must admit, I cannot do it all by myself.
I am a single mom and I do not enjoy child support since my husband passed away in 2014 when my daughter was just 4 years old.
Please, kindly find it in your heart to sacrifice something and make a donation no matter how little for my baby bearing in mind that God loves a cheerful giver and I strongly believe in the word of God in Luke 6:38 that says, ’Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall me give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.’
I want to thank everyone who have reached out one way or the other to show us some love.
I am positive that God will reward you and bless you all more abundantly.
Amen. So mote it be.
Please know that every donation, prayer and encouragement are gratefully received.
Your support is highly appreciated and your contributions will definitely go a long way to make a change in my daughter’s life.
Also, kindly help me share this fundraiser with all well-wishers.
Thanks for your precious time and I anticipate your kind consideration of this my humble and solemn request.
Julieann Mccarty Rivera-Pagan