Zayan Ali, 23 months old son of my school friend Zafar - is suffering from hydrocephalus (a kind of Brain tumor where a liquid named CSF gets stuck around the brain). The doctor suggested to consult neurological surgeon and was told to go through Neuro Surgery for shunt placement. In last 20 months, little Zayan Ali had undergone 3 critical surgeries already and another one is going on where doctors performed ETV (Endoscopic third ventricular) and now he is on EVD (External ventricular drain) and will be under this for next one week or so on and then the shunt revision will be done, the poor father needs help for the next surgery as he has depleted all funding source.
I could not hold my tears when Zafar said to me - " I can't just wait and watch here in Bangladesh while the doctors are drilling again and again my 23 month's old's skull and do some uncertain experiment on my little baby any more. Also in Bangladesh, payments for the treatment takes place before the doctor touches the patient."
In the meantime, he has consulted with a Pediatric neurological surgeon who is associated with John Hopkins hospital who also practices in several hospitals in Bangkok, Thailand and is scheduled to see the doctor in July.
By trade, Zafar is a textile engineer and working in Business process outsourcing and garments production outsourcing for past 15 years and has finished all his savings that He had and now left with no choice but wait for some help and the property in village to be sold.
I have a two and half years old son and can't bear the pain of a father who titles him as HELPLESS because of Money. I would cordially request you to contribute as much as you can and also please share this post so that we can help him as soon as we can.
Thank YOU so much.
If you would like to make your contribution in Zafar's Bank account in Bangladesh, please find it below:
A/c no - 1532102931756001
A/c holders name - Abu Zafar Md Ikbal Hossen (Cell # +8801535400679)
Branch - Bijoy Nagar, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Swift/BIC code - BRAKBDDH
Recent development (June 30th): Like....now 5th surgery is done which took 5 long hours after the surgery doctor says they successfully did ETV and after EVD on right side now left side EVD is going on and they say there is foreign body from the first shunt which went deep in side his brain surrounded by many big vital veins and they tried several hours to remove that but could not do that as this will harm some big major veins and that could cause immediate death. Now tomorrow another CT scan will be done and based on that they will take the next step and will reconnect the shunt once again. The final comment from the doctors is, the case is very rare and uncertain, can not say anything about the possibility. Now waiting to get the CT scan report to sent to Singapore for their suggestion as well to take him there and that will cost a fortune.