The goal of the project is to create a comprehensive program that aims to establish a unique worldwide educational platforms in each Palestinian city to boost leadership, management and entrepreneurship capacity that meet societies and humanitarian needs.
There are several motivational reasons behind the goal of this project which can be summarized into the following:
1. Obviously; Most of the organization activities are mainly implemented in the centralized city (Ramallah city and around).
2. Most cities especially in north and south Palestine are missing worldwide platforms activities.
3. The majority of the Palestinian society population are youth where they need several platforms to build and enhance their management, entrepreneurship skills within worldwide context.
4. Networking activities between Palestinian cities is not active which create a gap in the culture.
1. Distribution: Create worldwide educational and development platform in all Palestinian cities in West bank and Jerusalem area.
2. Capacity Building: Through building, enhancing personal and professional skills for individuals.
3. Awareness: Increase and spread awareness about importance of local societies development in globalization era.
4. Leaders Generation: Create a youth generation that have independent, collaborative-participatory, and interactively mindset in different aspects of life that have impact on long terms.
Project Activities and Description:
1. Toastmaster Clubs: Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., the organization's membership exceeds 358,000 in more than 16,800 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders. The mission of each club is to provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth. The learning mechanism is unique and differ on what is usually known; Learning by doing is the core concept of toastmaster clubs where members are able to practice theories. The meeting is hold one time each week or two weeks for only two hours.
2. TEDx Platform: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. A TEDx event is a local gathering where live TED-like talks and performances are shared with the community. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis. The content and design of each TEDx event is unique and developed independently, but all of them have features in common.
3. JeelCode: JeelCode is a local initiative that aims to promote coding for youth who’s under 18 years old in Palestinian cities. Coding is a basic literacy in this digital age, it’s important to prepare youth to the high demand of future work where artificial intelligence and robotics play a big role. Mastering coding at a young age will develop children’s logical thinking skills and allow them to excel in any field they choose in life. The initiative goal is to teach one million kids computer coding within five years. The program leads to enhance logical thinking, problem solving, building confidence, and fostering creativity.
This project created by Abwab Network, a platform for finding and building local communities. People use it to meet new people, learn new things, find support, sharing their ideas, get out of their comfort zones, and pursue their passions, together.