Hello, my name is Nancy and I'm looking to pay off my college student loans by the end of this year (2014). I took notice of another college student's idea to sell 1x1 inch squares for advertising on the top of their graduation cap to raise money for paying off their student loans--his name is Alex Benda. He states, "While walking across stage to accept my hard earned diploma, I will have the attention of thousands of spectators. So, here it is! You can advertise on it, give a shout out..." etc.
I don't have a double-digit amount of college debt like Alex, however, the amount of college debt to repay still seems a little daunting at times. I'm graduating with approximately $6,280 remaining in college debt for my undergraduate degree. I have tried making small payments before they are required to be made and would deeply appreciate being able to pay off as much as possible before the interest would have to kick in.
There have been many years involved in my pursuit of an undergraduate degree. Aside from time taken off for family, or a semester of job-hunting while transitioning to a new location, I have worked every semester that I have attended college. My goal moving forward: to have faith to, somehow, pay off my college loan debt so I may be able to better concentrate on making a better difference in the world--whether that is through education or service. I appreciate any assistance to reach my goal to make a dent in my student loan payments. Here are a few different ways y'all can help:
- You can purchase advertising space on my graduation cap (family friendly ads please).
- Ads may be words, images, or figurines--all ads are subject to a polite decline if they are not family-friendly, or if they don't feasibly fit on the graduation cap.
- Junior sponsor my campaign: any donation amount from $50-100 qualifies for a 2"x2" space. Thank you, ahead of time, for helping to lighten my worries.
- Senior sponsor my campaign: any donation over $100 qualifies for a 3"x3" space.
- Other sponsor of my campaign: any donation under $50 qualifies for a 1"x1" space
You may have noticed that the amount of my goal is less than the total amount of my loans. This is primarily because I want to be able to put a decent share of my own funds towards paying down the debt. I'll be able to better do this after graduating and will then be working more than part-time. I sincerely appreciate any and all help/sponsorships. May y'all have a wonderful today and a tender tomorrow.