Hello My name is Saman Weeraratne I am retired Sri Lankan analytical chemistry specialist and registered inventor at Sri Lankan inventor commission. First I saying don’t mind the location on this I am from colombo Sri Lanka but can’t put Colombo Sri Lanka on gofundme because some technical reason from gofundme side
This is my reason for this campaign This month me and my wife face big struggle because my only child 21 year old son name Kumudu studying Online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology online degree from South Africa based distance education college name Pearson Institute of Higher Education now it changing name as EDOUVS
He is now in third year he finished his online degree at this year (last year his second year he got many 75+ pass for many modules) his monthly fees are ZAR 8744.44 equal $600 but at last month 20% and this month full amount his monthly fees we not pay because we don’t have that much money even for pay our house rent nearly $122 per month. Last week college emailed they Said they suspend my son entire online access within this two weeks because we not pay 20% last month and 100% this month monthly fees but I can’t pay that until July first week therefore if we unable to pay at least $600 before end of next week they suspend my son online access including exam and assignment submissions if this happened my son’s all sacrifices for this degree past two are lose in single day. already this two days he eat only one meal a day his mentality are not good also my wife same she worry she also not properly eat this days she blaming to me every time I got heart attack at 2011 my heart condition not good even 2021 I have huge pain about my son education at this time. I explained my situation to college they said there agreement I need pay each month on time but they said they can give small chance if I pay at least $600 at next week but I can’t find $600 at next because Sri Lanka covid situation now at worst level and Sri Lanka going to lockdown 13th of May 11.00 pm to 17th of May 4.30 am also many areas isolated my friends said they don’t have that much money because this situation
I nearly $15000 loan receive via my pension fund that money receiving at July first but only 25% percent I can use from that loan to pay my son’s remaining fees and 75% of that money need to use repay loan and interest which i took at 2019 Mortgaged my only 10 perches land in Maharagama (this is only property for our entire family if that land lost me my son and my wife no any other thing for live in this planet) this loan used for my son’s first,second year fees and my heart disease treatments but no need mind that at this at time. I did home based small business for make flower smell sticks to use Buddhist temples and independent chemistry consultancy but covid situation and extremely worst economic conditions in Sri Lanka lead to many import bans by government therefore many ingredients which I used to that sticks are ban than also most temples demand down due to covid and economic situation therefore I closed my business in January also due to business closers and economic collapse no anyone requesting science related consultations from 6 months.
Please I requesting from you donate any amount to this campaign for save my only child education even $5 donation are good strength for this. I have big pain at this time as a father you imagine how about this pain if you and your only child face this type situation I running this campaign until next week Thursday.
My telephone number
I am available on WhatsApp