Hello, My name is Jin Yan, Living in Singapore where living costs are rocket high. I'm 23 Years Old, and service the Military right now because it's obligatory to do in Singapore, Receiving a monthly allowance of $560. With bills to pay, weekly groceries to buy for my family. I'm left with peanuts and peas.
I've always wanted to take a trip to New Zealand or United States , It has always been my dream ever since I was 11 years old. Why New Zealand you may ask? Well, here are so reasons why I want to go New Zealand.
1) The culture. New Zealand was inhabited by the local native people, the Maori before the arrival of the Europeans in the 1700s. New Zealand today is a fascinating blend of cultures who mingle and thrive in a peaceful yet vibrant society.
2) The incredible unspoilt scenery. There are some of the most diverse environments on earth, from beaches and rainforests to mountains, lakes, glaciers and even volcanoes. Many of these different natural features can be visited on the same day.
3) The people. New Zealanders are naturally warm and friendly people and are particularly hospitable to tourists. Wherever you go you will receive a friendly smile and a warm welcome.
4) The incredible unspoilt scenery. There are some of the most diverse environments on earth, from beaches and rainforests to mountains, lakes, glaciers and even volcanoes. Many of these different natural features can be visited on the same day.
These are a few example of the reason why I want to go New Zealand for an Adventure, It's just a nice country to visit. Now, I would state why I want to visit United States as well!
1) It’s a melting pot. The United States is an incredibly diverse nation. People from all over the world immigrate here, and many of those people go on to have families of their own who are ethnically and racially diverse. There is no “one” type of American because each individual has a unique background and upbringing, and there are different religions, races, cultural traditions, and political beliefs that make up the country. To witness such a multicultural way of living is truly extraordinary. However, I do know that Singapore has such a thing as well, However still, United States is an eye opener for foreigners like me.
2) There are hidden gems to explore! You can hit major U.S. cities and visit popular tourist attractions, but there are many lesser-known places worth checking out too. Along back roads and far out farmlands are small towns and attractions that don’t get the attention they deserve. Small shops, restaurants, and abandoned sites often get passed by because they are seemingly meaningless. But you never know when you could be missing out on the chance to discover a hidden gem among what appears to be a plot of nothingness.
3) The food is delicious, You won't believe me, But I'm a huge foodie fan. Much like the people in America, the food is quite diverse. There are classic American dishes such as fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and tuna casserole, but there is also an abundance of places to find foods inspired by other countries. Mexican food in the U.S. isn’t as authentic as it is in Mexico, but it’s delicious nonetheless. Pasta served in American restaurants isn’t truly Italian, but Italian-Americans craft the meals and add their own special flair to it. Whatever you’re in the mood to eat, you’ll find it in the USA.
4) You can’t beat the scenic views, Same like New Zealand. However with all the different types of landscapes across the country, there really isn’t a bad view in the U.S. You’ll find mountain ranges, rolling hills, desert cactus, and beaches. There are sunset skies, vibrant greenery, and clear blue waters. No matter where you go in the USA, there is a postcard-worthy view that you’ll want to capture as the backdrop for your next selfie. It’s hard not to stand in awe and just marvel at Mother Nature in America.
5) You’ll experience a new way of life. If you’re only visiting the United States, you won’t get the full experience of living there, but you’ll get a glimpse into the way things are and learn how it feels to be an American, if only temporarily. Being able to relate to people in other countries is a great way to become more compassionate and understanding of different cultures. You might realize that you enjoy doing things the American way or that you don’t want to change the way you live.
So these are some of the example why I want to go United States as well! It is indeed a hard choice, for my first foreign country adventure. Besides going to Malaysia, I have never went to other countries before! With your help, It could really make my dream come true one day!