Non-Voting Democrats Elect Republicans.
You Can Help Get Apathetic Voters to the Polls!
Please Donate Now.
Our vision is to dramatically improve voter turnout nationwide.
We focus on:
• Unmotivated registered voters.
• Low turnout precincts
• Gated communities
• Precincts not staffed by Get-Out-The-Vote volunteers
We go where no one has thought to go before. Our 24-times-a-year-21st-century-approach publication, The Enlightened Voter, is the only one of its kind in the United States.
Because readers of The Enlightened Voter have proven to vote significantly better than non-readers, in the long run we envision a local version of The Enlightened Voter delivered to every progressive voter’s inbox in America.
46.9% of Americans Didn't Vote in 2016!
Those non-voters elected Lyin' Donald!
If that makes you shudder, here's what
you can do:
You Can Help The Enlightened Voter Move This Guy
Here's How You Can Do It.
Research by The Enlightened Voter staff in 2014 and 2016 dramatically demonstrated voter-education is a key to significantly increasing voter engagement and turnout in an election. (See the results here.)
Voter-education is a critically important addition to traditional door-knocking and phone-calling tools in getting out the vote! (See our thoughts in our video here.)
Our vision in 2018 is to expand our reach to the 25% of the lowest turnout precincts. These are precincts that don't have volunteers to knock on doors or to make phone calls.
- 90% of our costs are for staff!
- Our 2018 budget is $9,548 each month!
- We must raise $9,548 by November 30th to support our staff members!
- Without this funding, we can not continue our work!
OK, You've read the important part. Read on only if you're curious about our history and motives.
We won't be hurt if you stop here.
“Dan Isaacson’s publication, The Enlightened Voter, is a highly informative civic education newsletter that has illustrated the importance of civics education in increasing voter turnout. The newsletter includes original material as well as contributions by nationally-known columnists. It is extremely well written and researched. At a time when Florida is one of America’s most important swing states, educating the electorate can be instrumental in the outcome of elections. All voters in Palm Beach County ought to read The Enlightened Voter.”
—Tom Gabor, Ph.D. Author, Confronting Gun Violence in America.
- In 2016 only about 50% of registered voters actually voted. Non-voting Democrats elected Donald Trump! The establishment's presently used Get-Out-The-Vote methods are not enough! Just saying "We have to fight harder!" is not enough!
- Knocking on doors - The best way to motivate Floridians to vote is face-to-face (knocking on their door). BUT volunteers are hard to find, door-knocking only reaches about 18% of a volunteer’s list, and door-knockers only attempt to reach their neighbors a brief three times a year at most. This is not enough!
- Phone - Similarly it is hard to reach potential voters by phone. Only about 25% are reached that way. This is not enough!
- The Problem - About 75% of potential voters are hard to reach, hard to educate, hard to move to the polls at election time. Our research has shown that we are reaching them. We are moving them.
- Skeptics say that no one reads any more. "No one" they say, "will read an 18-times-a-year publication." Our research in 2014 made me chuckle. It showed that voters who received The Enlightened Voter 18 times a year [and who supposedly "didn't read it"] turned out to vote at twice the rate as in the 23 neighboring precincts whose voters did not receive The Enlightened Voter [and who definitely did not read it!].
- For 10 years we mostly published a print edition of The Enlightened Voter. Like most printed news media, daily newspapers have closed, cut back on printing, or have gone all-digital in Tampa, Denver, Detroit, Seattle, New Orleans, and many other big cities.We find we must also rely mostly on digital publication in 2018.
- If we don't get sufficient funding, we will have to stop publication before the crucial elections of 2018!
What We Do:
"We Go Where No One Has Gone Before." -- StarTrek
We go where no one has thought to go before. Our 24-issues each year -- 21st-century-approach-publication is the only one of its kind in the United States!
We produce a bi-monthly voter education publication, The Enlightened Voter, for Democrats and Independent voters. We have proven that educating voters, rather than nagging voters through phone calls, robocalls, endless TV ads, and so on, produces a significantly higher voter turnout at election time. [For a report on the positive results of our work in 2014, see our Research Results Video.].
We envision a local version of The Enlightened Voter delivered to every progressive voter's inbox in America!
Our Mission in 2018:
- To research a way to deliver a copy of our educational publication, The Enlightened Voter, to every Democratic and Independent eligible voter in Palm Beach County, Florida at least 24-times before the November 2018 election.
- To replicate our successful 2014 research in Precinct 4178 in a 1,000-registered-voter, low-performing, Palm Beach county precinct.To do that, we must harvest email addresses by mail solicitation early in 2018 -- a significant cost.
- To support local political offices with the information their constituents need around election time to save them time in answering the same questions over and over again.We need research and website development staff.
- To continue to support the needs of our Hispanic and Creole neighbors with language-specific publications.Translations cost $2,000 a month.
- To encourage each of Florida’s 67 counties to consider publishing a county-specific version of The Enlightened Voter. Staff time has to be allocated.
- To see more people turning out to vote!
By successfully replicating our 2014 study, we can demonstrate to the political establishment that 20th century methods used to get voters to the polls is outdated. It relies on:
- prohibitively-expensive media
- difficult-to-find volunteer door-knockers and phone-callers
- can not reach into gated communities and the 50% of communities where volunteers cannot be found
- can be more efficiently and less-expensively replaced with a free, bi-monthly voter-information journal.
These voters would not have voted without The Enlightened Voter:
How You Can Help Us Solve the Problem.
To grow our influence we need a staff!
$308 a day is exactly what it takes to do this work!.
For $308 a day what do you get each year?
- 24 English language issues of The Enlightened Voter
- 24 Spanish language issues of El Votante Informado
- 24 Creole language issues of The Enlightened Voter
- A replication of our 2014 and 2016 studies which demonstrated voter education
significantly increases voter turnout.
- Moving thousands of our apathetic, non-voting neighbors to the 2018 Municipal, Primary, and General elections.
- An unusually voter-informative website.
- Money savings for local political candidates.
- A demonstration of how to reach into communities
which do not have volunteer workers, such as:
- gated communties,
- the 500 Palm Beach county precincts (out of 850) which are not covered by precinct volunteers
My Task List - My daily task list is over 100 items long. Please help by telling me how to add 12 hours to each day -- or by contributing so I can find staff to help me address that task list!
Our project includes:
- Research, editorial, consulting, outreach staff
- Publication staff
- Web design and maintenance staff
- Leasing of editorial software, equipment
- Accounting and legal
- Office supplies
- Printing and postage
Remember, 90% of our costs are for staff!
- research, outreach for new subscribers,
- exposing the political establishment to the research indicating that present methods don't work,
- educating the political establishment that research shows there is a 21st century technique which is able to reach many more potential voters, at a greatly reduced cost, with much better results
Non-voting Democrats Elect Republicans!
Your investment will turn non-voters into voters!
Add your voice to the cause!
We can't do it without you!
Thanks for your passion!
If You're Not Yet Registered to Vote in Florida, Register Right Now!
Don't Stand on Line at the Polls! Vote by Mail!