URGENT: THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION HAS NOW DECIDED THAT TRADITIONAL MASCULINITY IS PSYCHOLOGICALLY HARMFUL TO BOYS AND MEN (** - See link below.)
We must NOT allow anti-men radicals to redefine, thereby emasculate manhood in America.
Traditional masculinity is NOT the problem, misunderstood and unhealthy attitudes about it are. So the solution is not to take a wrecking ball to traditional masculinity but to help men learn what it should be, live it and express it in a healthy, positive way.
SO HOW DO WE DO THAT?
Dear Visitor to My Proposal and Request,
Welcome to my passion and calling: working with boys and men, from toddlers to "100-somethings" to teach, promote, encourage and celebrate a greater manhood in our country.
I have been teaching, advising and mentoring young men for 30 years, as a college professor and administrator, in ministry and in civic organizations. For my doctoral studies and throughout my career, I have studied carefully the way in which and pace at which men are developing as they progress through the decades of their lives. That is an area of expertise for me.
I AM DEEPLY CONCERNED that after decades of mixed signals in our society that we are raising men who are confused about what it means to be a man. That confusion can create a misguided reliance on outward props and appearances as indications of one's manhood on one end of the spectrum, or it can take a decidedly darker turn, becoming deep frustration, sometimes leading to violence, on the other.
I believe this program could be a prototype of the comprehensive type of effort that can either do something as simple as make a good man better or, at the other end of the spectrum, help parents, extended families and our society at-large raise sons who do not develop the festering resentment, anger and irrationality that results in violence and loss of life.
The "MonuMENtal - The Greater Manhood Project" will be a program designed to teach and promote clarity, strength and balance in manhood in our society - a new greatness.
The components of the program will be:
1. The book, "MonuMENtal Men"- This publication will serve as the foundation of the entire program. This will discuss what being a monumental man is all about and why we need more of them.
2. A curriculum - This will be a program that a variety of organizations can use to teach boys and men how to be monumental men.
3. A weekly podcast and You Tube show- They will promote the principles espoused in "MonuMENtal Men".
4. A series of children's books- These books, starting with the first one in the fall of 2019, will teach the principles espoused in the book.
5. Speaking - I wish to take the message of the book to every audience I possibly can.
6. Tributary Life Skills School- This is the most ambitious part of the program. Too many men are growing up not learning good manners, proper social etiquette, healthy coping skills, how to properly honor a woman (a modern take on chivalry in the book), and a variety of other things they used to learn at home.
Based on the projected costs to get this program up and going, I need to raise $9,325, in addition to resources I have already raised offline.
Remaining costs for the part of the program your donations will be devoted to:
"MonuMENtal", the book - $4,025 to produce and publish 750 initial copies (writing, editing, design, production, marketing, website, Amazon fees)
"MonuMENtal", the teaching e-curriculum - $4,750 to produce and publish 500 copies (writing, editing, design, production, marketing, website)
MonuMENtal", the YouTube show - Ultra HD digital WiFi camera, 64 gb memory card, tripod, external mike, video editing software - $550
I intend to raise the money for the other elements of the "MonuMENtal" program, starting next spring.
I ask that you invest in this critically important cause.
Thank you very much for your kind consideration.
James H. Cook, EdD, MBA, MA Founder & CEO, MonuMENtal - The Greater Manhood Project Foundation