€85.00raised of €260.00 goal goal
Sally and Ellie need your help to fund an avian vet for best help!
We went to an avian vet last Tuesday (27th November), everything was alright with Sally, but Ellie had trouble breathing, her vent was bloody and she had watery stools. We got prescribed an antibiotic BACTRIM, which she got a dose of 0,04ml two times a day for a week. That cost us 39,62euros: 37,5euros for visit, 0,12euros for BACTRIM and 2euros for syringes.
During that week she seemed more active and her vent was clean, but other symptoms persisted. On about Saturday or Sunday (31th October or 1st November), I noticed that Sally's stools were also watery and he was breathing like Ellie. On Monday (2nd November) I wrote an email to the avian vet, she didn't respond, so I called her yesterday (6th November). Turns out she had responded, but the email didn't come through for some reason. I had to weigh them, send videos of breathing and bring their stool samples to the vet. She prescribed us a new antibiotic ENROBACTIN once a day for at least 10 days for both birds, 0,03ml + water for Ellie and 0,04ml + water for Sally. That cost us 33euros: 4euros for ENROBACTIN, 1euro for the thing it was in and 28euros for sending stool samples to labor.
Today (7th November) Ellie coughed and vomited 10 minutes after taking new antibiotic, she was sitting all puffed up, sleepy and you could hear noises when she was breathing. The vet has now described yet a new antibiotic just in case she is allergic to something in the last one. If she still vomits tomorrow morning using ENROBACTIN, I have to switch it to this one. New antibiotic is which cost 1,1euros.
Since I am unfortunately unemployed at the moment and taking a year off at art school, I have a very tight budget to afford their care. I can only eat once a day to be able to afford it all. So far their care has cost 73,72euros, which may not seem like a lot, but to me it is. They will most likely need further vet visits to monitor them, determine what is really wrong and get back to full health.
My birds mean the world to me, I've had Sally for 9 months now and Ellie for 4 months. I can't imagine my life without them. Going a day without their chirping would be hell. Please helps us out. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't an emergency.
Every little bit helps, whether it be 20 or 1 euro, thank you for helping us out in this difficult time!
- Karoliina Elizabeth Pettai
- Campaign Owner
8th NovemberUpdate posted by Karoliina Elizabeth Pettai at 04:13 pm
Both Sally and Ellie have been very active today, Ellie didn't throw up in the morning when getting meds and that's very good!!! We are waiting for lab results that should take about a week to see what is actually wrong with them and causing all this.