For the first time in my life I'm given the chance to show what I'm capable of. Copperstone Talent Search is a singing competition where the finalists need to be an Artist with a purpose. I am so thankful that their campaign in 2018 includes Child Cancer Awareness. I've also decided to invite a local charity called Little Fighters Cancer Trust in Cape Town because these NGO charities are struggling to raise money for these kids on a daily basis and all they want to do is making life easier on these kids and their parents. Can you PLEASE help me to help them? Thank you so much.
MORE ABOUT LITTLE FIGHTERS CANCER TRUST
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) was established in 2010 when it was discovered that there are families touched by Childhood Cancer who needed help urgently but were falling through the cracks.
Our Vision is to providing practical & emotional support to children with cancer and their families while working to raise public awareness of Early Warning Signs of Childhood Cancer throughout South Africa.
LFCT strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer affected families by:
- Providing holistic support, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included.
- Treating each child with cancer and their family members as individuals; understanding and respecting the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and Advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness
The services LFCT offers are divided into three focus areas.
- Hospital Ward Support
- Paediatric Oncology Hospital Ward visits
- Bags of Hope
- Mother’s Day gifts
- Share the Warmth
- Break the Rules Birthday Bashes
- Christmas Elf Project
- Individual and Family Support
- Family Care Packages
- Resources permitting:
- Home & school resources
- Home repairs (to make home hygienic for child with cancer)
- Transport costs to and from the hospital/clinic
- Funeral expenses/support
- Family support after remission or death
- Family outings
- Birthday & anniversary celebrations
- Facilitating a Little Fighter’s last wish
- Promoting and advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust is a registered NPO with PBO Status and a Level 4 B-BEEE Contributor.
Trust Registration: IT2817/2010
NPO No: 089-376
PBO No: 930037657
Tax Registration No: 1000/881/17/5
VAT Exemption No: 1000/881/17/5