This is the story of Fuji.
Fuji is a young community cat, possibly less than 1-year old, that we had initially identified for TNR, but upon trapping, a huge raw wound at his rear was discovered and so the case is no longer a simple TNR case. It is most likely that Fuji had gotten into an accident/abuse that tore off his tail, leaving the open wound to fester to a stage that is quite beyond recognition now.
An x-ray was done and it became clear that an operation is inevitable as there is actually exposed bone around the wound. As we await his scheduled operation on Friday, we discovered the following during medical boarding :
- Fuji is very constipated. It could be due to the festering wound; but Fuji seems to be unable to poop normally. Our greatest fear is that open wound may have festered for so long; Fuji may suffer from nerve injury and his condition may be chronic. More updates on this as we consult our vet and monitor Fuji post-opn
- Fuji could only manage small amounts of poop after microlax and enema was given. To our horror, we found bits of plastic in his poop. Poor Fuji must have been so hungry outside he may have ingested plastic
- We have provided medical boarding for Fuji as he is in no condition to be loitering in the open. We will continue to provide medical boarding for Fuji post-opn until he is ready to be released back to the community. However, if Fuji’s condition is chronic and permanent, we may have to consider long term options for him.
Everything happens for a reason. Fuji allowed us to trap him. No matter what it takes, we will not abandon him. We have funded the medical and boarding costs so far on our own, but with the operation and medical boarding post-opn, the bills are piling up.
We would like to appeal to the kind souls out there to help us fight this battle with Fuji. Fuji deserves a chance at being a healthy cat again.
Please help…no amount is too little. Fuji really needs your help.
NB: All bills/expenses and contributions will be updated for transparency. All further updates on Fuji's condition will be provided here as well.
Update 29 Nov 2018 - Fuji checked in at the vet. Took blood tests and results were no good. The original opn scheduled for tomorrow 30 Nov 2018 has to be aborted because Fuji's bloodcount is too low and putting him through the operation is too risky. Vet has advised us to build up his health over the next week. Fuji is also still very constipated. Most importantly wound has to be kept very clean as the risk of infection remains so we got to be extra careful over the next few days. We are running against time. Next check up is due in a week's time.