Cats, the Purr-fect Companions
Cats make great companions, offering many of the same joys as having another type of pet. Did you know that cats are the most popular pet in the United States? There are so many reasons why!
Fun Facts about Cats
- Cats’ ears are incredibly sensitive. They are able to detect sounds as high as 65 kilohertz, an ability that may be even greater than that of a dog and definitely a human. Plus, a cat’s ears are always alert, even when he’s sleeping.
- Impressed by cats’ incredible sense of balance? Well, they actually have an organ called the vestibular apparatus within each ear, and it works with the eye to give them that superb balancing ability.
- No potty-training needed? That’s right! Cats do not need to be litter-box trained. It is a natural habit continued from their ancestors—wild cats.
The Adoption Process
At the Dumb Friends League Harmony Equine Center™, adoptable horses can be seen either by a pre-scheduled appointment or on Saturdays between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. The Center is not open to the public at other times.
By appointment: You may fill out an adoption application and submit it online or by mail. We’ll contact you promptly to schedule an interview and a convenient time for you to visit.
Saturdays: You may bring your completed application with you or fill one out at the Center. If it appears we have a horse that would be a good match for you, we’ll happily discuss the adoption process.
We will make every effort toyou with the animal you want to adopt, but here are some things we’ll ask you to agree to before the process can begin:
- You will not sell the animal for slaughter.
- You will not use it for breeding purposes.
- You will not use it for racing or rodeo.
- You will permit us to visit the facility where the animal will be maintained.