Provide water filtration technology to the peolpe of Sudan , one of the countries with the least amount of potable water, for 2 years at only 25$ dollars a person.
When we first heard about the LifeStraw we thought that the worldwide water shortages were close to an end. But they are not, there are still millions of starving families drinking non potable water and thousands dying daily from easily avoidable infections.
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
This life saving technology has the ability to purify water as you drink. A device like this, distributed wide scale throughout Africa, would save hundreds of thousands of lives. This device:
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate
- Easy to clean
- Very durable
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized
The LifeStraw could provide hundreds of gallons of pure water in places like Sudan where clean water is a rarity. But they cannot import these devices themselves. The small amount of 20$ USD is more than the average person in Sudan will likely earn in ten years of work. Also, the manufacturers of LifeStraw do not even ship directly to these countries.
We have decided to send them to Sudan where they can be used to save so many lives. One LifeStraw can provide water for one person up to two years. One LifeStraw could save a family's life.
For only 25$ dollars you can know that you gave an individual two more years of life.
To order and ship the LifeStraws to our Sudan NPO location will cost 25$ dollars per LifeStraw. For every 25$ dollars we receive we will ship another LifeStraw and save another life.
If our small goal of 15000$ is met we will be able to save 600 lives!