The reason why this campaign is created is to collect enough funding to cover the costs of renting a pool, cameraman, editor, props and hiring students for making a video content for this course.
Idea for making this course was born during my time spent in China, when I was appointed to train new coaches how to teach kids and adults how to swim. Most of the coaches were good swimmer before, but professional swim style and swim style being taught to non swimmer are in some cases totally different.
There were few obvious problems:
- Coaches didn't know what swim style to teach
- Coaches didn't were complicating explanations
- Coaches didn't know what drills to use
- Coaches were causing traumas to kids by trying to teach them something they are not able to learn
- Coaches were spending a lot of time to make small progress
- Their lessons looked unprofessional and unorganized.
This list could go on, but the point was that I needed to come up with some program that will make coaches ready to work from day one with little amount of training. I used the knowledge of Chinese coaches and combined with Western approach and came up with a course that can turn anybody into a swim coach in no time.
This course consist of 5 lessons, how to teach anybody to swim. Those 5 lessons can easily be stretched to 10 if necessary. There are main drills that coach has to go through during lesson and back up drills in case students are advanced. Goal of this course is to help coaches become professional from day one and to simplify their work as much as possible in order to reduce the stress on coaches and on non swimmers.
- Detailed 5 lessons course + video explanations
- Pocket lesson plan for pool use