As most of you know, Eric and I will be hiking the Appalachian Trail and the International Appalachian trail from Georgia to Newfoundland! This will be about an 8 month trip. We will be minimizing possesions beforehand which means a typical wedding registry doesn't work so well for us!
We set up this page as an alternative 'wedding registry'. We will be using ALL our gifts for hiking our dream. We appreciate the immense amount of love we have had surrounding our engagement and are so excited for our wedding!
Here's an idea of what your wedding present will get us on the trail. Amounts are for both Eric and I unless otherwise specified. For example, number 1 is "One day of trail food". That means $15 is enough to pay for both Eric and I for one day of trail food.
1) $15 = One day of trail food
2) $25 = One day of trail food plus stove fuel for a week
3) $30 = An overnight hostel day when we have the luxury to indulge in a real bed.
4) $50 = One day doing town chores: doing laundry, eating a good meal at a restaurant, and using an internet cafe to write blog posts
5) $75 = A super splurgy overnight stay at a hotel with a private bathroom when we REALLY need a break from the trail
4) $100 = One week worth of trail food
5) $110 = One week worth of trail food plus stove fuel for a week
6) $150 = One week worth of trail food and one day of town chores (see #4)
7) $175 = One pair of replacement boots! We will have to replace our shoes between 3-5 times on the trail!
8) $200 = Two weeks worth of trail food (do you see a theme? food is really important to ravenous hikers)
9) $400 = One month's worth of trail food!!! We are hiking for about 8 months total.
10) $600 = One plane ticket home from Newfoundland where we finish our hike!
11) $800 = If you're still looking, you must really love us. This will get us two month's of trail food!!!!
12) $1000 = Two months of trail food, plus one pair of replacement boots, PLUS stove fuel for two weeks!!!
13) $1200 = Two plane tickets home from Newfoundland!!!
We love you all
<3 <3 <3
Kristin and Eric