Help me catch my perfect wave
My name is Alexandra Marinkovic and I want to help a person that means a lot to me. His name is Kelvin Jhoel Gonzalez. I'm from Switzerland and I met Kelvin during my travel in Panama and the only thing I can say is that he's unique. He's got such a positive vibe but life has been hard for him. I think he deserves better so I want to try to help him in collecting some money so he can accomplish some little dreams he has got. He is a passionat surfer but he hasn't got the support he needs.
I thought it would be the best if he descripes his goals and needs himself so you get a better impression of who you're going to help.
The text below is written by him.
· I’m from a little town at the pacific coast of Panama, called Santa Catalina. I've been surfing since I was 9 years old. I started with pieces of surfboards left by tourist for us children to play with.
· At the age of 12 I participated in my first competition. Since then I have been practicing hard to improve my skills. Through hard work I have even been able to participate in some international competitions.
· In the year of 2015 I had to stop competing, but not because I wanted to. I had to stop because I didn’t have all the support I needed. To compete on the level I want to I need quality boards (Boards such like these do cost a lot, around 500USD.), equipment and funds to be able to travel to competitions. Even though I don’t have the opportunity to travel and compete, I’m still practicing every day to maintain my skills.
· I’m trying to collect as much money as possible with the surf classes I’m giving but it’s never going to be enough. That’s why I want to try gofundme.com.
· Right now I’m surfing with my friends’ used surfboards. All are good boards, but not perfect dimensions for me. They are either too big or too small or got the wrong volume for my type of surfing To be able to practice and advance my surfing skills I need a board that is perfect for me.
· I signed up to gofundme.com to get help and support. My dream would be to get a sponsor, and to be able to travel beyond Panama to compete.
· So I hope that this website will help me to collect money for a new board and equipment or even maybe find someone interested in sponsoring me.
Thanks a lot
Kelvin Jhoel González