Here I am, this is me…
We all have to start somewhere and I am just embarking on this journey. I am a newcomer, a fresh face on the block but I do have potential.
During the coming months I will be attending a workshop every month with talent coach Oliver Muller (voted by Hollywood Agents as iPOP director and school of the year 2015) from the International Arts School. The goal is to work to get to the Master International Program which includes a career program with Ron Patterson. It also includes training workshops and a local showcase with International Arts School in South Africa. This coaching is designed to prepare you for IPOP Hollywood and local auditions and further your skills development as an artist.
HOW WILL THE SUCCESS OF THE PROJECT BE MEASURED?
Measuring success is different for everyone. William R. Duncan of Project Management Partners says of measuring project management success, "We should not be asking was your project a success, but instead, how successful was your project?" No matter what business you're in, there are projects to be tackled. Projects have set goals with assigned tasks based on the desired outcome.
Just finishing a project, however, doesn't always measure success. Finishing over budget doesn't mean you failed either.
Project Scenarios - Whether you run a project through on paper or use a software scenario solution, this is one way to tell if the project will be successful first while identifying problems along the way. How I will measure the success is delivering the project in time and within budget, achieving the project scope and meeting milestone dates.
HOW THIS PROGRAM WILL ACHIEVE TRANSFORMATION THROUGH THE ARTS
Despite the financial challenge, opposition and the fear of failure, I look forward to the love for that moment of transformation that will occur when I see myself in all my beauty, potential and creativity in a workshop. In a time of austerity and political crisis, the discussion on the role of the arts in society seems like a luxury few can afford. Actually the opposite is true. As the world looks now, we have built our norms for progress along the lines of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs – basic food and shelter being of utmost importance; self-actualization and the quest for spirituality a rare priority in the everyday scramble to ensure we all manage to get by. Yet, I would suggest that the need for art lies at the very heart of the world’s most intractable problems and it is through the arts that we can best experience the transformation that brings about progress in all areas of human endeavour. Arts truly can transform a human being – the way a person thinks and feels and how one considers their place in the world. For me, the case is fundamental. The more we continue to wallow in the mud of ignorance, fear and corruption of power, the less we will find the genuine authority and leadership needed to bring the world forward in the way we all at our core know to be our rightful heritage.
This honours both those we lead as well as ourselves as leaders who are committed to acting with the integrity that lies within each one of us. We cannot stay within the confines of the problem. Rather, we must work from the love within us to break through the barriers that prevent us from singing, dancing and expressing our highest vision for humanity.
HOW THIS PROGRAM WILL ACHIEVE SKILLS TRANSFER
Here's a list of some of the skills, traits, and qualities of personality that are usually well-developed in individuals who completes theatre study/courses. Take special note of them. They are more extensive and important than perhaps you recognize. As you think about them, consider how many of these advantages are unique to theatre students--and that they have far more advantages than students in most other disciplines. Oral communication, creative problem solving abilities, doing things correctly and taking pride in doing it at your very best level, motivation and commitment, willingness to work cooperatively, the ability to work independently, time-budgeting skills, initiative, promptness and respect for deadlines, acceptance of rules, the ability to learn quickly AND correctly, respect for colleagues, respect for authority, adaptability and flexibility, the ability to work under pressure, a healthy self-image, acceptance of disappointment and ability to bounce back, selfdiscipline, a goal-oriented approach to work, concentration, dedication, a willingness to accept responsibility, leadership skills, self-confidence, enjoyment and more, much much more. This list is only a start and you can add to it. It seems almost incidental at this point to mention that theatre majors also learn about theatre. Most students who choose a theatre course do so because their training will prepare them for a career in the theatre, and it will. Theatre students learn to use their voices and bodies and minds and hearts to make magic on stage. Clearly, though, they learn much, much more. Few people choose to set out on a difficult, demanding course of theatre study because it will make them good candidates for employment in other fields. But it will. Far more than any other study/course, theatre is excellent training for virtually any job. The trick is for you to recognize the advantages you have.
•This coaching is designed to prepare you for IPOP Hollywood and local auditions and further your skills development as an artist as well as learn how to raise sponsorships. Personal & Branding strategy, Vision, mission, strategic role and SWOT analysis (The key is to - Arrive ready to compete not to merely survive).
• Talent Awareness, How to sell yourself, Personal physical awareness training, Personal emotional management training, Personal rational thinking training, Past experience versus present living and future dreaming. This course is designed for beginning voice students to work on the basic skills of singing, acting, including vocal technique (in speech and singing) and solo vocal performance. Aspects of breathing, support, diction and a variety of vocal literature will be addressed. Students will work on self-improvement by fostering and developing greater self-awareness, confidence, and expression. The majority of the class time will be spent learning how to sing/act/model/dance and training your voice. Students will develop more appreciation for the vocal art, as a cultural force in a civilized world. Learn ways in which singing/acting/modeling and dance are used in culture and in individual lives. Choreographing - Runway posture and walking - Body co - ordination - Eye contact - Smile - Introduce and practice ageappropriate movement skills - Appearance (Beauty from the inside out) –
1. Vocal technique: breath management, tone quality, coordination, lift, placement, support.
2. Musicianship: accuracy in pitch, rhythm, tempo, dynamics, phrasing.
3. Stage presence: posture, poise, use of gestures, eye contact, facial expressions, nervous habits, attire, grooming.
4. Diction: pronunciation, clarity and projection of text, words understood, diphthongs correctly performed, etc.
5. Musical/dramatic presentation: interpretation, style, expression, portrayal of mood, dynamic changes, tempo fluctuation, etc.
6. Preparation: memorization, rehearsal
Training workshops & local showcase with International Arts School in South Africa (Training is provided by Oliver Müller voted by Hollywood Agents as iPOP Director & School of the year 2015) Venue & dates to be confirmed
- 5 nights accommodation at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel (or other approved iPOP hotel) is included in this package
- Private auditions with Hollywood agents and managers
- Lunch with casting agents, directors and talent scouts
- Daily meetings during the event in Los Angeles
- Registration of Performer and issuing of iPOP! badge
- Guidance in the selection of commercial and monologues etc
- Your photo in the Official Directory of Performers
- Admission to all workshops and seminars at iPOP!
- The opportunity to be seen by Agents, Managers and Casting Directors
- Admission to the event and gala awards dinner
- The opportunity to audition for Awards Night showcase
- Representation services and marketing before, during and after iPOP!
- The additional charge for a parent is US$ 1500 and includes the package described above
- Offers a discount of US$ 1900 per each additional Performer of the same family
- Able to participate in Skype sessions with working actors in Hollywood
- Access to iPOP! cocktail party with agents, casting directors and talent
- Access to the Red Carpet event for pictures with celebrities
- Participate in two day “boot camp” prior to iPOP!
- Does not include airfare and transportation expenses
ALL INCLUDED IN THE PRICE FOR IPOP! US$ 5400 *
( GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT IN OUR NEXT 2 DAY WORKSHOP & ATTENDANCE AT OUR LOCAL SHOWCASE 1ST – 3RD DECEMBER 2017 IN GAUTENG) DEPOSIT R10000.
Thank you for reading through all of the information, I appreciate your time. These are the kind of opportunities that comes around once in a lifetime and I am honored to be considered. Being a part of this experience means the world to me and I am taking the whole process seriously to achieve the best results as I am very committed to developing a professional career in the fashion and entertainment world.