Jordan has been nominated by her teacher for the People to People Ambassador Programs: 2015 World Leadership Forums. (http://www.peopletopeople.com/) This is an exciting opportunity for Jordan.
This fundraiser will help to raise money for her tuition, airfare, along with other incidentals she will need. This once in a life time opportunity is one we don't want her to miss.
WORLD LEADERSHIP FORUM: LEARNING TO LEAD
- Destination: Washington, D.C., Gettysburg Grades: 5, 6, 7, 8 Duration: 6 days
Are you interested in American history, government, and politics? Want to understand more about leadership and develop your own leadership potential? What better place to learn and acquire expert knowledge from members of Congress and diplomatic officials than in Washington, D.C.! In the U.S. capital, you can delve into the leadership styles of prominent historical leaders, and develop your own leadership skills and self-confidence alongside some of the world's most motivated students.
- Discuss world events with an exclusive panel of current or former members of Congress and staff on Capitol Hill.
- Visit the new U.S. Institute of Peace and step inside the Global Peacebuilding Center, then take part in an international conflict resolution program.
- Enjoy a private, pre-opening breakfast at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, and explore the country's most important treasures.
- Visit the site of the Battle of Gettysburg and gain firsthand insights into the American Civil War.
- Examine the leadership styles of prominent historical figures such as George Washington and Martin Luther King Jr., then explore the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial.
- Give back through a service project and earn 10 service-learning hours.