JOINING HANDS is a local good news printed newspaper (also online on its own website and Facebook as well as various other social media platforms) with the vision to publish only good news in order to motivate the community of South Africa to reach out to each other, build the community emotionally and physically by doing a community project every week (being published on a full page in the centre spread of the newspaper)
Our philosophy is simple: In the heart of community with the community on the heart!
Since South Africa is a third world country, with South African citizens being extremely negative and hopeless at the moment due to the negative economy, the extreme drought, the political sphere and the extreme crime rate, people have little or no hope. . .
What we want to do: (and are already doing!)
Positivity has proven to have an effect on productivity in your social life, career, emotions, and actions. Thus, our aims is to:
- Create job opportunities
- Influence the mind set of our people from a negative point of view to a positive one
- Reach out in love to all people
- Doing a community project every single week by joining hands with several businesses to better our town, our community parks, roads, schools, and struggling communities, and to address poverty
- To promote local NPO’s through positive publicity, as well as making the community aware of them.
- Help local businesses and our economy to grow
- Impart a glimmer of hope
- Create a future for the youth - the future of tomorrow
- Show that anything is possible if you just believe in yourself with a positive attitude
- Promote struggling businesses through marketing, positive articles and community projects
- Get citizens to join hands with each other in something bigger
- Teach communities self-reliance
- Standing together as a community to lend a helping hand to each other as well as the government, the police and businesses
- Making people feel important - loved - significant and positive
Our Name Joining Hands explains it all! - We would like to join hands with every single person, young and old, of all races, of all towns and communities, as well as foreign countries to build a future of HOPE