My boxer Tyke needs surgery to remove a mass (likely cancerous) in his small intestine, and we need to get it out before it creates a blockage. It is bleeding internally which has made him anemic as well. He's already had one blood transfusion and will likely need another before and/or during surgery.
He has some risks going into the surgery, but the surgeon, cardiologist, anesthesiologist and holistic vet all feel like he is a good candidate for the process and should recover well.
With this surgery I can hope for another couple years (he's 9 now) with my furry kid and without it, chances are not good (anywhere from a few days to a few months). Kenya needs her brother as well... I'm not sure what she would be like without him beside her every day.
It's already been an expensive road getting to this point with all the tests (xrays, holter, echocardiogram, abdominal ultrasound, blood tests 2-3 times a week), holistic herbs, supplements and blood transfusion, etc, and my pet insurance bucket for this illness has already been used up.
The surgery has been estimated at $6,500 - $8,500 barring any unforeseen issues. I will be paying the entire amount (plus post-surgery tests, follow-ups, etc) out of my own pocket (line of credit) unfortunately.
I'm not expecting anything from anyone, but there has been some people who have reached out to me about helping out, and I figured this would be the easiest way to do it. And if more of you want to help out, that would be even more amazing. ANYTHING HELPS!!
I will be scheduling his surgery either this week or next (waiting to hear back from the surgeon), but it needs to be done ASAP - scheduled for May 9th
Thanks for reading and thank you to everyone for you thoughts, feedback and well wishes. Helps to know we have so many people on our side!
Katrina, Tyke & Kenya