Hello! We are The Orang Collectif. a cross-disciplinary and multicultural collective, who tells stories and explores different forms of art through the languages of movement, music, sound, lights and text. We celebrates diverse cultural and theatrical traditions and languages.
This coming February we are developing a Children's Theatre on Recycling & the Environment as part of Chinese Arts Now Festival, to be presented as a work-in-progress, at Jacksons Lane on Saturday, 9th Of February 2020. The working tittle is called: X + Y = The Three Of Objects
The idea for the show is that a musical tree is built with the help of 2 very different characters who become friends due to circumstances. A main component of the performance is that our set will be made out of recycled and found objects. This piece is a multi-sensorial performance incorporating music and movement to discover how we can contribute to preserving our planet through recycling and prolonging the shelf life of objects. The show will engage children ages 3- 8years old.
- To build empathy & compassion towards the environment
- Encourage ingenuity & creativity despite circumstances
- Encourage prolong the shelf-life of items via recycling, re-inventing & passing forward
- Transcend spoken language to access younger & ESL audiences.
- Conversation starter for partnerships with organisations that reuse and recycle - London recycling, Veolia, Libraries & Bookshops.
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING TO?
Your generous contribution towards this campaign will go to paying :
- A rehearsal space & workshop to make the sets
- A photographer and videographer to document the process digitally and to engage with online audiences.
- Set designer that will explore different recycled materials to make, 'un-used objects' sexy again!
- Sound designer who will compose original songs for the project that will get your child hook to the chorus.