About three month ago, Monty had a very weird looking behavior.
It was some kind of seizure where Monty was moving very slowly and looked very spacey. We thought that he was very high on catnip, since he had just had a happy catnip flip where he rolled around and had fun. The vet agreed when we told her about it because it only lasted around 20 seconds we didn’t even manage to get it on video.
Wednesday last week (March 14) early in the morning, Monty suddenly had the same seizure. His movements was very slow, his pupils big and one of his paws looked like it had trouble finding the floor. Monty was looking at birds in the window when it happened and luckily we were there when it happened. We grabbed our phone and recorded it so we could show the vet while we tried not to panic. We called the vet and we decided to take a blood sample the very next day and keep a close eye on him. Monty had ANOTHER seizure again in the evening and we were starting to get really scared because we had no idea what was happening to our boy! The blood samples showed that everything is looking normal, so the vet decided to send us to a neurologist to get him fully checked to find out what is happening and how we can make it stop.
We went to the neurologist today, Monday (March 19) and a team of specialists are now working to find out what is happening to Monty. They took more blood samples and tested his body to see if his reactions are fine and everything is looking normal. One of the neurologists is also a professor and she thinks it looks like epilepsy but she don’t know why he would get epilepsy in his age. Normally, epilepsy shows in the earlier years and Monty is 8.5 years old. It can be that this epilepsy (if it is what the seizures are) is just unknown like it often is with epilepsy or it can be because of other things. We don’t even want to mention what it can be because this is just too hard to write and we don’t even want to think that! The team of neurologists want to take Monty to an MRI scan and he is having that this Wednesday morning, March, 21st. We are terrified and very very concerned about what is happening to our boy. As you all know, we love Monty so much that this is just unbearable even to write that there is anything wrong with him. We are so scared that it is something dangerous and untreatable, but we must stay strong for our boy! We will do whatever it takes to help Monty but we need your help.
We hate to ask for financial help but we are in a situation where we are facing a very high vet bill we simply cannot afford. Just the MRI is costing $ 1.322 and here in Denmark we pay insanely 45% in income taxes, also private donations. We will sell everything we own if it comes to that but for now we are asking that you consider sharing this on social media and if you can spare even a dollar we will be very grateful. Anything helps!
Thank you so much for your support! Please send happy thoughts and prayers. We really need them too!