I am an S7/SB7/SM7 swimmer (Wikipedia page) based in Stellenbosch, South Africa. I am raising funds to go to the Tokyo Paralympics and other swimming events leading up to it.
This includes the South African Aquatic Nationals/Olympic and Paralympic Trials in King's Park, Durban from 4 to 9 April 2020. I am also planning on having a training camp in Dubai towards the end of April, and then ultimately, the Tokyo Paralympics from the 25th of August to the 6th of September 2020. In all of these cases, the funds would be used for flights, accommodation, transport, and meals for both myself and my coach.
I currently hold 6 African records in the S7, SB7, and SM7 categories and I have competed in various local and international competitions. These include:
- Local events (Local events results)
- The 2017 IPC Swimming World Championships in Mexico City (where I achieved three silver medals) (Mexico City website)
- The 2018 Commonwealth Games in the Gold Coast, Australia (where I achieved one silver medal) (Commonwealth website)
- The 2019 World Para Swimming Allianz Championships in London
- The 2019 World Para Swimming World Series in Glasgow
Any donations would be incredible, so thank you in advance. :)