Hey, My name is Raashid Kenny. I will be cycling the 2019 Cape Town Cycle Tour which is 109 Km long and will be taking place on the 10 th March 2019.
I will be cycling to raise funds for a TSiBA Education. TSiBA Education NPC is a unique, not-for-profit business school whose mission to provide an education platform from which youth from poor communities can climb above the social circumstances in which they were raised.
Cycling to raise funds for them has been a dream of mine as I am a student of TSiBA Education, I have benefited from their mission. I’m now completing my 3 rd year at TSiBA Education and next year I will be graduating with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration.
In 2015, I was awarded a scholarship to study at TSiBA Education, I was not required to pay any academic related fees.
Now to provide students with scholarships TSiBA rely on donations from individuals and business all around the world. The money raised form my campaign will be used to fund the 2019 studentsso they will be able to receive scholarships in the same way I have received mine in 2015.
Being given the opportunity to study at TSiBA has been a privilege and a blessing, I am extremely grateful and aim to be an ambassador for TSiBA for the rest of my life.
Unfortunately, I’m not a regular cyclist yet as I don’t own a bicycle, a helmet or even cycling clothing.
Therefor TSiBA has set up a separate crowd funding page were all the donations go straight to them, but the purpose of this one is to raise funds for me to get cycle equipment to make my dream possible and take part in the cycle tour wearing TSiBA’s colours.
For an entry level cycling bike, a helmet, cycling pants and shoes it will cost $480, any funds raise above the $480 on this page will also go to straight to TSiBA Education butif you would like to donation straight to TSiBA Education and not assist in fund this page please email: [email protected] to get the link of their crowd funding page.
(I am unable to attach it here as TSiBA is using another crowd funding website, Go Fund Me is not allowing me too.)
Thank You for your support.
If you have any questions or need to get in contact with me please email me at : [email protected]
Some more information on TSiBA Education :
TSiBA Education NPC is a unique, not-for-profit business school whose mission to provide an education platform from which youth from poor communities can climb above the social circumstances in which they were raised.
TSiBA is registered and fully accredited with the Department of Higher Education & Training and the Council for Higher Education as a private higher education institution. TSiBA currently serves 452 students, all of whom are on fully funded annual tuition-fee bursaries.
More information on TSiBA is available on their website.
Some Fast Facts about TSiBA:
- TSiBA students are young South Africans who for secondary school and financial reasons would not otherwise have had the opportunity to study at tertiary education level. Most TSiBA students are in fact first generation tertiary education students from their own families.
- TSiBA has awarded over 4 000 annual-tuition scholarships to students to study towards accredited TSiBA programmes.
- 95% of TSiBA degree graduates are either employed or pursuing postgraduate studies versus the national average of 32%
- 8 TSiBA graduates have been awarded Mandela Rhodes Scholarships, the most prestigious scholarship for post-graduate study. In addition, TSiBA has produced 3 Kofi Annan Scholars and 4 Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellows.
- TSiBA was founded in 2004 and has a Campus in Cape Town and a second (rural) campus in Karatara in the Southern Cape.