My husband is an active duty Marine and I am a disabled Marine veteran and stay at home mom. We have 5 children ages 10, 7, 4, 2 & 1. We purchased our home in July 2007. My husband deployed in Oct 2007 so kids and I were in between home and in WV due to family illness that lead to my grandmother passing away. Our children for some reason from 2007-2009 were always sick and we never could figure out why. When I was pregnant with #3 I had tons of medical problems that lead to the baby being born 5.5 weeks early. He was born with a cataract that we didn't notice until he was 3 months old and pretty much since we came home from hospital, he had breathing problems and put on breathing treatments every 2 hrs. Our oldest son had so many medical issues that happened since moving into home, he was developmentally delayed and still to this day is and has resulting in retention to 1st grade and still going through occupational therapy for it. In April 2009, we decided to give our children a bath in our tub (roman tub) and I came downstairs to see water flying through the fan in the kitchen, water pouring in the hallway ceiling as well as laundry room ceiling. I yelled to my husband to get kids out asap. Thankfully we did because the floor upstairs was giving out and we had a huge dip in the ceiling downstairs where the tub was trying to collapse. We called a contractor who came out and found a book holding up pipes in the ceiling under tub and that the previous owners had fraudulently neglected to tell us of any problems. They even put up a second layer of sheet rock to cover it up. 2 weeks later, my husband deployed yet again which meant I had to take care of the emergency tub leak, 3 kids (2 that were ill and 1 on breathing treatments and just had cataract surgery and was in school full time and my grandfather was ill and passed away). I called a restoration company out and low and behold, there was black toxic mold throughout the laundry room walls, ceiling, kitchen, hallway and bathroom. This could have killed us and this is what caused our children to be so sick. The company put in air scrubbers (had to stay on 24/7 for 3 months) that filtered the air so mold spores would not spread and kids and I had to stay in a hotel for a while until mold was removed. We finally came home and our son no longer needed a nebulizer. His breathing was perfect! Plus no more illnesses!!. This job because of the previous owners negligence and lies ended up costing us over $31,000 in repairs.We still have repairs needing to be made and just can not financially afford it. We need this work done and in desperate need of help. Please if you could, spare anything possible to help us make this a more safe home for our children. The mold is gone which is the best part, but we have loans we have to pay off because of it and other repairs we have to do that they lied about as well. In total, it will cost close to $25,000 to doPlease in your heart and soul, help us. Thank you and God Bless you all.