Our Toti figure skaters will be representing KZN at the Gauteng Inter-provincial competition, which will be held at the Grove Ice Rink in Pretoria from the 2nd – 4th September 2016.
Our Toti Seals Figure Skaters represent the majority of KZN athletes (11 skaters) competing in this competition.
The costs involved for our team are high, with some of the expenses listed below:-
- Air fare to Gauteng, or petrol and toll fees if driving up.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Competition entrance at R650 per skater
- KZN Official practice dress – R400
- KZN Official Tracksuit – R700
- Coaches fees at R140 per half hour
- Ice Time Costs at R75 per hour, per skater.
All these expenses adds up to nearly R49,000 for the 11 skaters from the Toti Seals Figure Skating Club.
As can be seen from the above list of expenses, the cost per family is high to send their children to competitions outside of KZN.
We are calling upon anyone, be it a person in their private capacity or a business; anyone who is able to sponsor anything towards this competition, and in so doing, will greatly ease the financial burden of the families involved. Our skaters have worked so hard, and deserve this chance to represent their province.