***CONFIDENTIAL - Please do not forward or post on social media.***
INTRODUCING HEART & SOUL CATERING
As you know, I have gifts of hospitality, cooking, and event planning. After decades of event planning, cooking, and working in the hospitality industry at various levels, I have been trying to figure out how to channel those gifts in more productive ways. I have decided to launch Heart and Soul Catering featuring healthy food that’s good for your heart & soul. Heart & Soul Catering services will include: catering for small and large events, personal chef services, pop up dinners, cooking classes, cooking retreats, and wellness retreats. Please consider investing in my business. Additional information is below and investment rewards are listed to the right.
My business will not be limited to South Florida and I will be available to travel. As a matter of a fact, I am organizing a pop-up dinner in Chapel Hill right now. I have a national network of event planners, chefs, commercial kitchen facilities, and food service professionals that will make my catering business mobile to any location with ease.
HEALTHY FOOD THAT’S GOOD FOR THE HEART & SOUL
I put my heart and soul into every event and every dish. Although I can cook almost anything, I will specialize in healthy food that is good for both your heart and soul. Healthy alternatives to traditional soul food will be featured. Vegan and vegetarian options will also be available that are so good, they will make people question why they are not vegan or vegetarian. Of course, traditional food with meat will always be options for clients.
MY HOSPITALITY BACKGROUND
Here are highlights of my 25-year professional hospitality background.
- Restaurant Owner, The Croaker Spot, Fayetteville, NC
- Talent Acquisition Executive, Sodexo, Gaithersburg, MD
- Event Planning for Private Events, Conferences, and Corporate Events for Several Fortune 500 Companies
- Former Certified National Restaurant Association ServSafe Food Manager
- North Carolina Central University Hospitality Program Board of Advisors
- National Society of Minorites in Hospitality Member
- National Restaurant Association Member
- Guest Speaker at the National Restaurant Association Show, Chicago, IL
- Keynote Speaker, Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Dean’s Lecture Series Speaker, Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Festival Food Vendor, Hayti Heritage Festival, Durham, NC
- Catering Assistant, Marriott, Raleigh, NC
- Night Auditor, Hampton Inn, Raleigh, NC
- Server, Line Cook, Expediter, and Bartender, Chi-Chi’s Mexican Restaurant, Cary, NC
- Cashier, Marriott, Lenoir Dining Hall & Chase Dining Hall, UNC Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Food Truck Vendor, Tucker’s Sea Burger, White Lake, NC
Your investment will go toward the following start-up costs.
- Business Licenses
- Health Department Permits
- Catering Insurance
- Commercial Kitchen Facility & Chef Incubator Membership Fees (Cooking Location)
- Marketing Materials
- Professional Culinary & Catering Association Fees
- Business Management Software
- Advertising Costs
- National Restaurant Association ServSafe Food Manager Certification
- Culinary Classes to Hone My Skills at Johnson & Wales University and The Biltmore Culinary Academy
- Catering Materials & Supplies