Great fighters display too characteristics. A heightened sense of timing and lightning fast reflexes. To win this game you'll need both
Music credited to Kevin MacLeod
I'd just like to start off by thanking you for taking an interest in my project. This page has been created in the hopes of raising enough funds to develop Headup Fighting. Sugar Ray Leonard once said "Bruce Lee was an artist and, like him, I try to go beyond the fundamentals of my sport. I want the public to see a knockout in the making". This is exactly how I feel about the development of Headup Fighting. I'm looking to create a fighting game that's true to life. Not just in it's graphical representation but also with regards to the concepts of fighting. There will always be discrepancy's between opponents giving each fighter there own specific advantages. In marshal arts were trained to size-up our opponents to determine where our particular advantages lie. If your adversary out weighs you, use his momentum against him. If it's a reach advantage your facing, use your speed to get in close. If there more skillful in a certain form of fighting, use an opposing style to neutralize there advantage. You often see this last example in MMA when a grappler or wrestler takes a striker to the ground. In fighting as in life your true advantage will always be mental. I have experience in several forms of fighting. Kempo, Boxing, Wang Chung, Muay Thai kickboxing, Aikido, Jew Jitsu, and Jeet Kune Do. I aim to tie together all these styles and more when choreographing the combination sequences of Headup Fighting.
Great fighters display too characteristics. A heightened sense of timing and lightning fast reflexes. The mechanics of Headup Fighting will primarily focus on these too core concepts. First you'll need to gauge the distance between your opponent before striking. If you fail to do so correctly you will leave yourself open to attack. Once a strike is successfully landed a combination sequence of varying length will be initiated. This means when you land an attack you don't just hit the other player once. The defending player will continue to get hit until either they defend correctly or the combination sequence ends. The defending player is required to block or doge correctly before having the ability to counter. This defense system is all about timing and reaction speed. One of my main goals is to make this system very extravagant. Allowing players the possibility of countering each other many times before the counter sequence completes. Visually I would like the game to resemble a movie fight scene. Each of the many combination sequences will be filmed from multiple camera angles. Allowing a great deal of visual variety. Headup Fighting will also actively track which clips have played to avoid redundancy.
Headup Fighting is coming out for Windows. A mobile
version will be developed further down the line for higher end cell phones. More testing is necessary to determine the possible mobile platforms. At this time I'd just like to thank everyone in advance for any and all support received. Every little bit counts. Every little bit is appreciated.
- $5 - Your name will be listed on the special thanks section of the official Headup Fighting website. If funding goal is met.
- $15 - A digital download of Headup Fighting(Windows Version). If funding goal is met.
- $20 - Too digital downloads of Headup Fighting(Windows Version). If funding goal is met.
- $40 - Too digital downloads of Headup Fighting(Windows Version). You'll also receive a high resolution desktop background and a digital copy of the official Headup Fighting sound track. If funding goal is met.
- $50 - Too digital downloads of Headup Fighting(Windows Version). High resolution desktop background and a digital copy of the official Headup Fighting sound track. On top of all that you'll be added to the special thanks section of the website and the valued investors section of the in game credits. If funding goal is met.
- $75 - You'll receive all previous rewards and gain access to the development team section of the official Headup Fighting website. This will allow you to beta test Headup Fighting and provide feedback. Helping to influence the development process and the final product it's self. Beta testing will begin roughly 8 months after funding is received. If funding goal is met.