My name is Utsav and I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am a Tech Enthusiast and I love developing mobile applications.
Recently, I have been working on an exciting mobile app project that I believe has great potential in the app market. The name of the app is Dropfeed. An early version of the app is available on the Google Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dropfeed). Not all the features has been developed yet but this version should give you a basic understanding of how the app works. The iPhone version will be available shortly. Watch the Explainer Video below!
What is Dropfeed?
Simply put, Dropfeed is a personalized consolidated News Feed that aims to keep the user entertained for hours! It combines the newsfeed from your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube accounts. Result? You end up with a Personalized Newsfeed that shows you articles, images and videos from the sources that you like!
So say for example, you follow CNN, BBC and 9Gag on Facebook, Dropfeed will add those channels on your Dropfeed's Newsfeed. This way, you get news content based on your tastes and preferences and from the sources that you like.
Check out the screenshots of the app below:
By default, Dropfeed sorts the Newsfeed based on the most popular articles so that the user gets to read the most trending articles of the day first. However, the user can choose to have the articles sorted based on "Most Recent" and "Oldest". The user can pick the date range as well (Today, Last 2 Days, Last 1 Week etc). The goal is to have a completely personalized news feed that keeps the user entertained for hours!
I am creating this Campaign to raise funds for developing the app and promoting it on the app market. Basically, below are the features that I want to develop and I need funds to cover the costs for developers, Testers and advertising expenses.
What will the funds be used for?
1) Fully develop the iPhone version of the app.
2) Currently, the app only itegrates with the user's Facebook account. I would like to complete the integration for Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube so that the users from these Social Media platforms can start enjoying Dropfeed.
3) Allow users to provide feedback to the articles from the app iteself (like, comment & share articles from within Dropfeed)
4) Fix some bugs with the Facebook integration.
5) Translation - I want the app to be usable by people from all over the world. Hence I need to get it translated.
6) Online Advertising - I will need funds to promote the app online and offline.
7) Push Notifications - I want to develop push notifications in the app so that the user gets notified of new interesting stories everyday. This will make users use the app more often.
I am a Tech Enthusiast and I have worked on several mobile application projects. I graduated in 2011 from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, BC, Canada with a degree in Computing Science. My passion lies in Mobile and Web Development.
My Vision for the App:
I want Dropfeed to be the best app for ultimate entertainment. We spend hours looking at our phones for interesting content. Dropfeed will allow users to combine the newsfeed of all of their Social Media platforms and get news and viral content from all over the world. The app will be light weight and easy to use.
I will be adding more details about how the money will be spent to improve on the app and make it a success. Please stay tuned! :)