- I am building a suite of knowledge models (ontologies, taxonomies, and metadata sets) to support spaceflight safety, data, and artificial intelligence (AI) applications for astronautics.
- I am creating reusable, accurate vocabularies that can become standards for the global community (example: astronautics vocabulary), and can be applied in computational contexts.
- I am also giving extensive volunteering and service-to-discipline in (inter)national committees and groups, which has not been supported by any organization, but has been given in my own time and out-of-pocket.
This effort has been unfunded since its origin in 2011. I've written 20 articles in my own time, without support, and out-of-pocket. I've also been actively searching (and applying) for employment and study opportunities to do the work expressed in my papers and website, and continue my education on these topics. Sadly, people with established careers and extensive resources have used my ideas, with documented evidence of plagiarism & IP violations, but I have not been afforded opportunity to realize my project vision. Since 2011, I've wanted my project to be a PhD thesis for myself, and I continue to apply to PhD programs. So I need your support to sustain development. I am also open to: formal collaborations and partnerships, working on your similar project, mentors, grants, funded co-authoring, and business ventures, to do this sustainably.
What Your Donation Will Do.
- A) provide a monthly income to pursue a topic I love
- B) sustain the development of the models and vocabularies,
- C) help me finish research papers, and find co-authors/partners,
- D) fund travel and registration costs to present papers at conferences,
- E) support my applications to university programs so I can further my education,
- F) fund cost of classes to develop skills needed to realize the project vision,
- G) support developing a business plan, or find formal collaborations.
Your support will give me hope of finally working productively and sustainably on a project concept I've been dedicated and struggling to do for years.
For sustained donations, consider also this site for being a patron.
- To create useful, scientifically-accurate and computable classifications for objects in space, and spacecraft systems. These are to be integrated into an larger information system and visualization.[Poster]
- To create reusable, shareable terminologies/taxonomies, ontologies (domain reference models) that different organizations and databases can use. This will...
- Help databases share and integrate (SSA) data. This will make spaceflight safer by providing a more complete picture of the orbital space environment.
Thanks in advance for your donations. Feel free to contact me (rrovetto[at]terpalum[dot]umd[dot]edu)